Questions Regarding Summoner's Code/Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rampant ldiocy

Member

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Lol it does, you slander me, but too afraid to post your real identity. Why should anyone take what you say to be truth?
What's your real identity? Full name and home address please.

Put up or shut up, jackass.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrzun

Senior Member

01-21-2013

Don't feed the trolls man... they come out when Riot sleeps. Just smile to yourself as you see the troll for what it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YouShallSeppuku

Junior Member

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
Don't respond here unless you're willing to read my post for understanding. Don't respond here if you're going to copy/paste a response (as Riot, correction you, seem to enjoy doing).
And, if you'd read the CONTEXT surrounding my quotations, you'd see that I do it intentionally. It adds to my point. It's not merely a copy/paste response -- as Riot did to me (which you would have realized had you read my first post).

Thanks for your irrelevant input, though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shelzin

Senior Member

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouShallSeppuku View Post
And, if you'd read the CONTEXT surrounding my quotations, you'd see that I do it intentionally. It adds to my point. It's not merely a copy/paste response -- as Riot did to me (which you would have realized had you read my first post).
I did read your first post... Obviously. I quoted it back to you to show your hypocrisy.

Your first post:
I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT WHAT RIOT SAYS!!!

In another post:
HERE'S WHAT RIOT SAYS!!!

Quote:
Thanks for your irrelevant input, though.
Not a problem.

In the future I would suggest that you don't tell people what they can or can't do on the forums.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YouShallSeppuku

Junior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
I did read your first post... Obviously. I quoted it back to you to show your hypocrisy.

Your first post:
I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT WHAT RIOT SAYS!!!

In another post:
HERE'S WHAT RIOT SAYS!!!


Not a problem.

In the future I would suggest that you don't tell people what they can or can't do on the forums.

Like I said, read the context. Don't take one sentence out of context and assume you comprehend the INTENDED meaning behind the singular sentence.

"Improvements ARE possible. Why stop looking for them and just spam "IT WORKS. RIOT SAYS IT WORKS. LET'S BELIEVE AND FOLLOW WITHOUT ACTUALLY CONSIDERING OTHER INSTANCES AND IDEAS." Don't post here unless you're willing to think and consider improvements/alternatives. Don't respond here unless you're willing to read my post for understanding. Don't respond here if you're going to copy/paste a response (as Riot seems to enjoy doing)."


Now, if you would. Please reread the entire paragraph. Now, read it again. Ok, got it?

No where did I state "I don't want to hear what riot says." I questioned those who I see respond on other peoples threads that claim "It works because Riot says it does." Additionally, as I consistently stated throughout my post, I at least partially --possibly highly-- believe in the system. I just wish there was more consistency.

Essentially: I requested that people not post on here if they weren't willing to state reasons. Don't just put out blanket statements, they don't truly "do" anything. I don't mind people quoting Riot. Quote Riot. But, if you're going to do so, state why how you're using the quotation.

I appreciated Shiister's comments. At least he put thought into them. Sure, they were somewhat derogatory at times, but at least he put forth rationality and examined some of what I questioned. Yours, on the other hand, merely took what you thought I claimed, twisted it, then used it for your own agenda.



P.S. Obviously I can't make anyone do anything. Nor do I believe that I can. I was merely hoping to weed out people like you from this thread. Obviously, I failed tremendously.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shelzin

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouShallSeppuku View Post
Now, if you would. Please reread the entire paragraph. Now, read it again. Ok, got it?
Yep.

Quote:
No where did I state "I don't want to hear what riot says." I questioned those who I see respond on other peoples threads that claim "It works because Riot says it does."
I don't recall anyone ever making that stance. Unless of course they were banned and still have a cob stuck up their bum.

Quote:
I appreciated Shiister's comments. At least he put thought into them. Sure, they were somewhat derogatory at times, but at least he put forth rationality and examined some of what I questioned. Yours, on the other hand, merely took what you thought I claimed, twisted it, then used it for your own agenda.
You came off as a holier than thou type of person. I'll chop you down to the rest of us. Or attempt to at any rate. I took issue and addressed that..

Quote:
P.S. Obviously I can't make anyone do anything. Nor do I believe that I can. I was merely hoping to weed out people like you from this thread. Obviously, I failed tremendously.
*shrugs*

You rubbed me the wrong way. It happens. Who knows, maybe it wasn't even your fault. I'm far from perfect. But given your last sentence.... I don't think I was wrong at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnfnrf

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouShallSeppuku View Post

...
First: Why does Riot not follow it's own Summoner's Code? This is copy/paste from the "Code."

"Player feedback is an important force in the decision making process of Riot Games. If you want to make your voice heard, taking the time to let us know how youíre feeling about the game is a good place to start. When you give feedback, make sure you take a holistic approach. If you only give negative feedback, you may find that the changes you influence detract from what you initially enjoyed. Moreover, people are simply more likely to listen if you present yourself in a calm, well thought out manner. That being said, donít be afraid to tell us if you feel strongly, and why. Try to be straightforward, specific, and always try to make your feedback direct and concise".

They hardly ever ACTUALLY respond to inquiries. I highly doubt they even read the majority of questions/inquiries. Can I report Riot? Also, please don't respond here if you're not willing to have an open mind. I don't "hate" Riot. I don't dis-like everything about the Tribunal. In fact, I'll state what I like about it first.
Errr, what? The section that you quoted doesn't actually say that Riot is obligated to respond to feedback, or even read it. All it says is advice on how to provide it. I believe Riot does read it, and usually doesn't respond, but that in no way contradicts this section.


Quote:
...

" If someoneís really starting to bother you, the mute and ignore commands are always there to resolve the situation.

And remember, while nobody likes being insulted, it pays to take a moment to consider the circumstances. Remember that this is a competitive game, and, more often than not, the other player is just venting their frustration. Try not to take it personally. Everyone has a breaking point and everyone rages sometimes. At some point you may find yourself in the other personís shoes."

If they did, there would not be as many suspensions.

First, what I like (Positivity first!)
1. Encourages respect.
2. Let's people know they can ignore people, and that's ok.
3. Let's people know this is just a game, don't take things personally.

Things I don't like:
1. People can report for 1 word, just one, and this portion of the "Code" suddenly becomes "forgotten."
2. People take things personally all the time, and, well, see the last portion of #1 (under "don't like").
3. People just ignore this portion all together. Why not? It's easier to just click "Report." Right?
The section you quoted is about retaliating in chat or quitting, not about reporting. The two sentences just before your quote make this clear.

Quote:
What I don't like:

...

3. The process encourages speed. -- Why take time to actually read the transcripts when you can skim them and obviously garner an understanding of the flow of the game, right?
Ummm... most of the time, yes. You can. You imply that you shouldn't, here, but present no actual argument that it's a bad idea.

Quote:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6137786/#nogo

Someone who actually attacked the personality/mind of a person was pardoned. Sure, he attacked the person's gameplay as well, but also their actual being. In the second game, he openly admitted to being "afk." Not condemnable? I think that's "somewhere" in the code.... right?

If I can spam condemn and increase my percentage that well..... This dude in the last case I "pardoned" did deserve to be there for 2 of the reports he was. I'm not sure how he got pardoned. Do people even read the Summoner's Code? I'm just curious.
Yeah, I would have punished that case. The Tribunal will never be perfect, and I'd prefer it to produce more cases like that and fewer of the opposite error.

So, those were all of your actual questions. You went on and on about how you wanted your questions answered, but I think you may have actually forgotten to ask them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YouShallSeppuku

Junior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
Yep.


I don't recall anyone ever making that stance. Unless of course they were banned and still have a cob stuck up their bum.


You came off as a holier than thou type of person. I'll chop you down to the rest of us. Or attempt to at any rate. I took issue and addressed that..


*shrugs*

You rubbed me the wrong way. It happens. Who knows, maybe it wasn't even your fault. I'm far from perfect. But given your last sentence.... I don't think I was wrong at all.
No... I know I'm not "holier" than anyone. But, I'm glad that you enjoy "chopping" those down whom you perceive believe they are. I just try to speak clearly (which I don't always do). I know I tend to be a bit sarcastic, but that really has nothing to do with "holiness."

I don't know why my last sentence means you were right. In fact, your first response was to something you perceived, but I actually never said. Maybe because you felt like I was "telling" you what to do. If you don't like being told what to do, obviously you'll perceive/respond in an overtly negative way. I truly apologize if you felt like I was telling you - or anyone - what to do... that was not my intention. It was more of a plea for people to either: a. Take the time to actually read what I was saying and put thought into responding; or: b. Don't respond at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Alrighty, I've stood by and watched this go on for a bit and I figure I should throw in my two cents. The first statement I would like to make is in regards to YouShallSeppuku, in that you have a different interpretation of the Code. That isn't inherently bad, I mean it takes all sorts in the community to establish what our moral compass is, whether they be more strict or lenient in their judgement. However, you are expected to act in a manner that the community as a whole sees as acceptable, and while your interpretation of the SC is much more lenient than the community, you are expected to behave in the manner the community interprets it. Let us take a real life example, where I do not believe that the US Constitution states an "seperation of church and state" that applies to states (not the federal) that has been the law of the land since a number landmark cases. I could point out a number of state religions that existed. However, while I might argue that that is not what the Constitution means, if I were to become a legislator, I would still be expected to act in a manner of what legal precedent had been already determined. I could campaign against that interpretation, but I must do so in a legal manner.

Your abuse of the Tribunal by "spam punishing" isn't a legal manner. Now, I won't compare it to a say, the domestic terrorism of certain far-right/far-left groups, as that is extremely disproportionate, but you are attempting to undermine the justice system by stacking jurors. Your argument with Shiister and gnfhnf has pretty much centered around the point where you believe others should act as your interpretation, and they think you should act in theirs. Now, they are in the majority. I am a member of their majority. We should respect your right to have a minority opinion. However, it is dishonest to attempt to manipulate the Code beyond the spirit of it. Riot has stated that the spirit of the code is "don't be a jerk". You saying that you should be allowed to insult others is twisting this spirit and ignoring it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KimKelley

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant ldiocy View Post
And yet people who are not being jerks are frequently punished. Try again.

I disagree with your assessment of "frequently". Does it happen? Yes. Does it happen frequently? No.


edit: bah, got suckered into responding to a troll. you win this round!