Questions Regarding Summoner's Code/Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Door Of Death

01-21-2013

Forgot to tell you that most of what he says is also irrelevant to what you say or post - as I have learned.
He seems to blab on things you never even mentioned or brought up - my experience.

Shelzin

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouShallSeppuku View Post
When you choose to participate in a discussion with the rest of the playerbase, always try to be receptive to another player’s point of view. If you keep an open mind, you’d be surprised what valuable information you can glean from your fellow players. Also, be mindful of how you present your point of view. If a player feels strongly on a subject, don’t get caught up trying to have the last word. Just state your side and exit the conversation gracefully rather than give them the opportunity to pick a fight."
Don't respond here unless you're willing to read my post for understanding. Don't respond here if you're going to copy/paste a response (as Riot, correction you, seem to enjoy doing).

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Door Of Death View Post
Forgot to tell you that most of what he says is also irrelevant to what you say or post - as I have learned.
He seems to blab on things you never even mentioned or brought up - my experience.
Considering I havn't seen you till you posted on this thread you don't know me enough to say any of this, but that is just assuming you not posting under a smurf account of a banned player who has a grudge against those who said you deserved your punishment.

Door Of Death

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Considering I havn't seen you till you posted on this thread you don't know me enough to say any of this, but that is just assuming you not posting under a smurf account of a banned player who has a grudge against those who said you deserved your punishment.
I'm not posting on a smurf, nor am I posting on an account just because I was banned. I just happened to be logged into this account. But you do know me under other names.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
I'm not posting on a smurf, nor am I posting on an account just because I was banned. I just happened to be logged into this account. But you do know me under other names.
If I know you by other names and you not posting under then, but using another account then you using a smurf. Half of my assumption been right so far, what name would I recognize you from?

Door Of Death

01-21-2013

Quote:
If I know you by other names and you not posting under then, but using another account then you using a smurf. Half of my assumption been right so far, what name would I recognize you from?
It doesn't matter. Another account doesn't necessarily mean a smurf, so your assumption is wrong. The account you knew me under was a smurf.

Shiister

01-21-2013

Quote:
It doesn't matter. Another account doesn't necessarily mean a smurf, so your assumption is wrong. The account you knew me under was a smurf.
Lol it does, you slander me, but too afraid to post your real identity. Why should anyone take what you say to be truth?

Door Of Death

01-21-2013

Quote:
Lol it does, you slander me, but too afraid to post your real identity. Why should anyone take what you say to be truth?
I merely stated the honest truth.

Tyrzun

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
There is a Riot-stated summation of the summoner's code. It is "Don't be a jerk". According to my interpretation of this summation of the Summoner's Code, the voting portion of the Tribunal is 85% accurate (meaning I am wrong 15% of the time). While you can argue the edge cases, you have to understand that your understanding of the Summoner's code led you to the assessment that the Tribunal algorithm (that is, the algorithm that gets someone to the Tribunal), is no more accurate than a coin flip. It is hard for me to take your assessment of proper behavior seriously at that point.
^ exactly. About 85% of the cases are clearly correct. If your in that 15%... about 33% of those aka 5 are blatantly wrong, and you could argue the other 66%.

Rampant ldiocy

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
There is a Riot-stated summation of the summoner's code. It is "Don't be a jerk". According to my interpretation of this summation of the Summoner's Code, the voting portion of the Tribunal is 85% accurate (meaning I am wrong 15% of the time). While you can argue the edge cases, you have to understand that your understanding of the Summoner's code led you to the assessment that the Tribunal algorithm (that is, the algorithm that gets someone to the Tribunal), is no more accurate than a coin flip. It is hard for me to take your assessment of proper behavior seriously at that point.

I do agree that any system could be improved. I have yet to see a suggestion in this thread to improve it other than "take a test". What test would you like to see? A test as to whether people have read the Code? I have, thoroughly, and came up with a wildly different interpretation than you have. So I don't foresee a test demonstrably changing the results of the tribunal.
And yet people who are not being jerks are frequently punished. Try again.