Horrendous in-game community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xojins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

I don't know what it is about this game that attracts every ******bag on the internet, but the in-game community is literally the most appalling I've ever seen in a video game. It seems like everyone's objective in the game is just to make everyone (including their teammates) as angry as possible. Normally I can put up with it, but it has been exceptionally bad lately and I can only take so much ******baggery before it makes me act like a ****** as well. My only solution to this is to just ignore everyone in the game immediately.

Yes kids, I am talking to you who cry because someone makes one mistake. Yes I am talking to you who troll your team because someone who picks before you took the roll you want to play and call them "****ing noob". Yes I am talking to you who do nothing but cry and yell at someone for losing their lane while not bothering to help them in any way.

If you're someone that does things like this, please do everyone a favor: uninstall the game and stop ruining it for everyone else. Thanks.

ImANoobInLeague

01-21-2013

Someone is being a hypocrite, your ranting/crying/whining about this on the forum? There is something you can do to prevent them sending messages to you, it's called mute ... Works 100 percent when my team or enemy team trash talks or complain/whines/ and cursing =] I don't see any of their annoying messages, it's very effective! No Super effective!

AU Freo

01-21-2013

Stupid comment is stupid ^
As for the community OP, yes, it is ****house. Can't stand it. I insta-mute everyone in the game now and try to just play 5's with friends whenever I can.

xSeCKSx

01-21-2013

You're better off participating in the tribunal if you want to cut back on the toxic community. Posts on a forum like this one are very unlikely to lead to the results you desire.

As much as I can hate the toxicity of some of the community - Even in FPS like Counterstrike it was as bad if not worse. The difference here tends to be the fact that in a game like this, you're far more dependent on team performance.

GodofRawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Unfortunately, the community comes with any game that is competitive.
Also, parts of the community tend to be a little delusional, and think they are better then they actually are. This makes it so they fly off the handle when people aren't playing up to their expectations.

Darrkor

01-21-2013

pretty much in every game win or lose i have fun and now i honor ppl who show that they have the same attitude as i do in game its rlly the only thing you can do play the game and have fun despite what your other team mates or enemy team might do or just dont play no point if your not having fun.

Jicy Jy

01-21-2013

You think this community is bad? Try CoD

Shadgam

01-21-2013

Just mute and try out the tribunal if you wanna cut down the toxic side of the community

TruckRockpec

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon Banks View Post
I don't know what it is about this game that attracts every ******bag on the internet, but the in-game community is literally the most appalling I've ever seen in a video game. It seems like everyone's objective in the game is just to make everyone (including their teammates) as angry as possible...
I don't agree with this. I played LoL for about a year when it launched, and I remember things being a lot worse then. It wasn't unusual for there to be a couple trolls, or groups of trolls, on every team. Players would make troll accounts and start games as groups of two or three just to ruin the experience of new players.

I am just coming back to LoL after a year of not playing at all, and I can easily see an improvement in the in-game community. People are much less likely to insult one another, and helpful comments are far more common. I'm sure the honour system, which gamifies good behavior, and the tribunal, which crowdsources and speeds up penalties for bad behavior,is responsible for this shift.

Of course, you still meet some toxic players. I find the best way to deal with them is by not rising to their bait. If they are rude, you make a point of being polite by including "please" and "thank you" in your messages. Even if the toxic player doesn't change their behavior, I find that being polite helps keep your other three teammates focused on the game and playing to win. However, if they do change their behavior, reward them for it with compliments like "good gank," or whatever. Positive reinforcement is a far superior teaching strategy than negative reinforcement.

theothernoobie

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImANoobInLeague View Post
Someone is being a hypocrite, your ranting/crying/whining about this on the forum? There is something you can do to prevent them sending messages to you, it's called mute ... Works 100 percent when my team or enemy team trash talks or complain/whines/ and cursing =] I don't see any of their annoying messages, it's very effective! No Super effective!
ignorance is bliss huh???? just cuz u mute them it doesnt keep u from ever seeing them again. I see people ive muted multiple times ON MY TEAM no less.... muteing will get them to stop talking not stop trolling. ineffective post downvoted.

on another note the original post was so true this community is starting to suck. most of you who play this are evil people.

"You are nothing more than glass, waiting to be smashed" -best hero ever