The (new) Twisted Treeline (bruiser paradise)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

grimlygoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

The new twister treeline has become something more than a simple 3v3. Yes infact RIOT has managed to make a playground for a single type of champion. The bruiser. The items are the first hint that the bruiser is the main man of the Twisted tree line. But what items you may say. WELL let me start with this, not what new items but what items are missing. Lets start with the obvious wards. This makes it really easy for someone (trynd,mundo,olaf,udry) to come flying out of a bush if your timing with your revealing item (if you got one) isn't just right. Next thornmail is missing. This is so that the bruisers can go on a rampage without acctually consequenses of building alot of attack damage. Finally and this one i love. This one isnt an item but a buff. Red buff. This was the ranged carrys kite wepon against bruisers. Have a trynd chasing you? just attack him every few steps with red and bam you got yourself a dead trynd when he spins to try and catch you and gets too close. Ok now for the new items. They are based around giving the briuser ways of staying alive in a fight and still pulling a large amount of DPS (damage per second) Things like black cleaver and vlads mace (can't remeber it's name for the life of me) give hp and keep the dps rolling. Now the way they have it rebuilt is made so a bruiser can pull insane early game DPS if he or she's team gets both the alters instead of working to kill the dragon. The way the map is set up frowns apon anyone playing a ranged ADC and smiles for only bruisers. Everyone else just does the same. Sow aht i would like to ask is. Why RIOT why did you make it so impossablely hard for an ADC to do good in the new twisted tree line?

Boagster

01-20-2013

EDIT: Oops, clicked wrong forum.

Friggid

01-20-2013

if u think adc is bad in the new twisted treeline u should have saw them in the old tt it was way worse

Deviston

01-20-2013

In old tt you at least had some escape options As an adc. No longer. All you can do is hope your team can keep the heat off you long enough to be useful (not rare but uncommon). And yes, its a bruisers paradise. Tanksters in paradise if you will. Not much to be done about but go to SR (ugh) or conform with the Shivering Isles meta (also ugh). Riot made a terrible mistake with Shivering Isle, but not only do they refuse to admit it with the overwhelming evidence but they foolishly attempt to convince player base they were justified. Thats ok, its a kidiot game mostly anyhow. Its gone the way of Diablo3. Take intelligence out of the game and streamline everything to be easier for children (with rich mommies and daddies) to play. Business model sad to say. Welcome to running a company.

Turtle Omega

01-20-2013

I can easily annihilate you with an ap champion.

Fanderey

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviston View Post
In old tt you at least had some escape options As an adc. No longer. All you can do is hope your team can keep the heat off you long enough to be useful (not rare but uncommon). And yes, its a bruisers paradise. Tanksters in paradise if you will. Not much to be done about but go to SR (ugh) or conform with the Shivering Isles meta (also ugh). Riot made a terrible mistake with Shivering Isle, but not only do they refuse to admit it with the overwhelming evidence but they foolishly attempt to convince player base they were justified. Thats ok, its a kidiot game mostly anyhow. Its gone the way of Diablo3. Take intelligence out of the game and streamline everything to be easier for children (with rich mommies and daddies) to play. Business model sad to say. Welcome to running a company.
So...you think that ADCs being less viable is a business model? Are you also implying that bruisers are lot easier to play? It seems like you're frustrated and haven't really thought your argument out. Btw, It's "Shadow" Isles (Elder Scrolls mix up I think?).

Although I have seen good ADCs and APCs on TT, I think that a 3v3 game on a smallish map is hard to balance for all roles. On SR, a squishy champion has a stronger line of defense, and more teammates to provide CC and protection. Team fights also tend to start sooner on TT, so it's tough for carries to get as much farm as they need without dying all the time. ADCs in particular usually have support (on SR) so their role is quite a bit tougher on TT in that regard too.

I think the main design goal was to have quick, action-packed games (hence no wards, simple map etc). As a result, yes, bruisers shine, but I don't think that was a particular design goal. It's just a hard-to-avoid result of the game type and how the games play out.

There's no denying that bruisers shine, but I think that a lot of non-brusier champions do better on TT when you build them more like a bruiser. Even on SR a lot of carries are starting to build serious health items (like Warmog's) and there's nothing wrong with doing that on TT. I even build my tank champions more like bruisers on TT (and build more damage). I think the "mace" the OP referred to was VD's pillager, but that's been removed from the game. Overall I think the itemization in TT is pretty even across the board, if you're not set on building your champions like you would on SR. Core bruiser items are missing from TT too, like Bloodthirster, Warmog's and GA.

I do wish that more champions were viable on TT, but I think it's a difficult goal that will take quite some time to accomplish. ADCs are often more likely to die from a gank, but adding wards back to the game would make the games slower paced and more like SR. There's no easy solution I can think of that wouldn't result in a problem elsewhere.

All that being said, I see no reason not to turn this into a constructive brain-storming thread about how to make more champions more viable on TT. I don't think there's anyone that doesn't want that.

SaintHax

01-21-2013

The problem has nothing to do with a lack of wards-- the new map's towers don't do enough damage to prevent diving, which means your ranged ADC can't retreat to them when ganked and live. Also, the lanes are too quick to get to and back, which means a MIA ping is hard to do on time, AND if the gank fails, the mia laner can get back into his land and not miss any XP. A failed gank used to be punished with missed XP/gold.

PDiddy

01-21-2013

Just off the top of my head I can list champs that ARE NOT bruisers that dominate in TT

Singed
MuMu
Gragas
Rumble

Armstice

01-21-2013

You DO realize that gragas is the only non bruiser there right? Even that is arguable.

I HATE 2RACE

01-21-2013

teemo says hi