Hide N Seek and Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fusionkast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Hi everyone. I came here to ask for some help. I'm a high level Tribunal Judge and recently I have been getting a lot of reports for Hide N Seek on Dominion. Now while I know Hide N Seek exists I've never sat down to read up on the rules heavily or play a match. So I really don't know much about these custom matches. A lot of these reports are for "cheating" and "breaking the rules". Could you guys enlighten me on the core rules of the match and what you guys deem are "reportable offenses" outside of the usual Tribunal affairs?

In other words... what sets apart a new comer to this playstyle vs a troll determined to make it unenjoyable for others considering the unique rule set of Hide N Seek.

Please try to keep the posts based on Hide N Seek. I know how easily Tribunal related posts can get derailed.

Thanks.

A Slime Appears

01-21-2013

There are no core rules. This forum is full of threads from a hundred different people with their own rulesets. I'd say the best thing to do is pardon someone unless there is something else besides their Hide and Seek escapades worth punishing.

Fusionkast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

That is what I normally do, either pardon or skip if I don't understand what is going on in game. Unfortunately there are some cases that do get punished and I have no idea why (outside of the usual Tribunal punishable causes). This leads me to skip most of these cases since it's really hard to understand the reasoning behind the community's pardon or punish. For example, in one case I saw a guy get punished for item stacking which I assume judges mistook for trolling. But it is my understanding that some Hide and Seek rules allows for only certain items and encourages stacking of those items.

On a side note, seems Riot should give Hide N Seek the Proving Grounds treatment. Especially since it could be a nice 10 min side game and help relieve player tension. The chats sure prove interesting in a non-offensive way.

Palladine

01-21-2013

I've seen quite a few cases with tons of reports for "cheating in ARAM", which there's almost no verification for, unfortunately. Also, if players are obviously disagreeing on the rules, I'm not sure if it's a violation of the Summoner Code to not agree on the rules for a custom game-type.

I mostly just look through the log and check for evidence of behavior that's bad in any mode, such as getting one's troll on, intentionally feeding or abusing one's teammates for losing.

ThioCyanate

01-21-2013

I frequent the tribunal, when I see reports for a player in a "custom" game mode for things other than what the summoners code says is a ban-able offence I always say pardon. I've seen a great many of the H&S threads where they have lists of troll players. In my opinion because they are playing a game mode not specifically covered by the summoner code of conduct it is up to them to police their games. We can't be expected to know what their rules are for every single variant of H&S or Find the Teemo or crush the Kassadin or whatever the game is so if they send it to tribunal, a system made for traditional match making, then punishing based on what the tribunal rules are should be adequate.

TL;DR- If they want to play a game with rules not included in the summoner code of conduct its their job to enforce and punish as they see fit not the tribunals.