Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[SERIOUS]This patch BROKE my computer.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnmanB

01-21-2013

Quote:
N0G00dN4m3sL3ft:
What error is displayed when it blue screens? You need to look at the dump file as well, it will tell you what's causing the problem.

It literally shows the blue screen for 1 second then restarts

JaiRai

01-21-2013

bump

crash250f

01-21-2013

Ya, I waited for 2 full minutes for it to hit the bluescreen this time but it never did, and I don't think it created the dump file. It just stays on the frozen game screen. I can't even play anymore its happening so often.

N0G00dN4m3sL3ft

01-21-2013

You need software from the Windows debugging kit to analyze the dump files, but they'll give you precise information on what caused the crash. If you're feeling adventurous that's what I'd do. If not, do a system restore to a point at least a couple days prior to when you started having the problem. If you're on XP, the restore point may not affect anything since it generally leaves user applications alone. From Vista on the restore feature is much better.

Quote:
crash250f:
Ya, I waited for 2 full minutes for it to hit the bluescreen this time but it never did, and I don't think it created the dump file. It just stays on the frozen game screen. I can't even play anymore its happening so often.

After the restart, go to the action center in the control panel, find the problem history, find the crash event, see if it has a link to the location of the dump file, if it created one it should. Windows might give you a pop up about it when you reboot as well, depending on the nature of the crash.

MLG BongHitzzz

01-21-2013

Yea... I am in the same boat, but not as serious. Ever since the new patch I have been having problems with ranked games. Whenever I play in ranked I get an very low frame rate, like my computer is a potato (which i assure you it isn't) but before this patch my game was running fine at 60 fps and on high. Now when I play ranked i get 4 fps one very low. This only happens in draft pick games for me, but never blind picks.

I did find a quick fix....played BLIND pick, but if somebody can find a permanent fix that would be great.

crash250f

01-21-2013

I spectated a bunch of games until it crashed again. I let it sit for 15 minutes and it just stayed locked up, no bluescreen, though the computer was definitely locked up. It wouldn't respond the ctrl+alt+delete or alt tab, and it was making that constant noise the whole time. I'm not getting anything in the problem history in the action center either. Plenty of stuff in there, just not from the last couple days.

I could be imagining this, but it feels like the majority of crashes happen when my camera is on the ramp heading from river to blue teams wraiths. I cant easily replicate it though.

Cuddle Me Tight

01-21-2013

I'm having something similar due to the patch, as well. Asked for support but they were unable to resolve it. Then I asked my ISP (just in case) and they can't find anything wrong either. After a lot of testing, I'm almost sure it's something that only happens with certain hardware (and the current patch). It would help if you guys open support tickets as well; they won't be able to help you, but at least we will draw some attention to this issue.

AnmanB

01-21-2013

I got my computer fixed by repairing the hard drives, but I STILL crash the first 10-30 second mark of the start of the game, forcing me to restart.

TPjorgeDP

01-24-2013

I have the same problem after the patch