[SERIOUS]This patch BROKE my computer.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnmanB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Third post regarding this bug that many have, and hopefully
this title will actually draw in attention of how serious this issue is, and not have it to be ignored like it has been for the past couple days. We have been experiencing game freezes, where the only way to get out of them is to hard reset your computer, after updating drivers, reinstalling, etc. I'm still having to restart my computer because nothing is working, and after trying dozens of times, my computer blue screens and shuts down. Now everytime I reboot I get a blue screen, and this game was the cause, I don't care what anybody says, it was this game. 2 years of playing and this stupid Kayle Skin patch is what breaks it.

AnmanB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Bump

AnmanB

01-21-2013

Bump

BricckSquad

01-21-2013

how long has this been happening? and did you have to restore, just wanting to know in case trouble comes to me ^.^

BricckSquad

01-21-2013

How long had that been happening, did you have to restore? just curious in case trouble comes to me

Hungry Korean

01-21-2013

its about time you got a new computer anyways

Vidix

01-21-2013

its been happening since the thresh patch. It is seriously annoying and not a single rioter has replied to any of the threads.

crash250f

01-21-2013

I've actually been having a very similar issue since the same patch. I won't rule out the chance that it's a hardware failure, but I've done some testing and haven't had it happen outside of LoL, where it has happened about 5 times in the 20-30 games I've played since the patch.

My system is Win 7 with an intel Q9450, 6950 vid card with 12.10 drivers, 4 gigs of ram, and everything else is pretty standard (good enough psu and all that). Everything is running stock clocks.

I have GPU-Z logging temps and LoL never makes my vid card go above 61C, but I stress tested using FurMark and it got up to almost 90C for 10 minutes without crashing. I haven't ran memtest or anything, and I might, but it just feels like a GPU crash, with the screen suddenly freezing and that loud, annoying noise. I feel like I usually go straight to the bluescreen when its not a problem with the graphics.

I was hoping this would be a major, known problem, and it kinda worries me that it isn't since I'm not exactly running an unusual setup. Glad to see at least one post about it though. Hope it's something that can be fixed.

N0G00dN4m3sL3ft

01-21-2013

What error is displayed when it blue screens? You need to look at the dump file as well, it will tell you what's causing the problem.

crash250f

01-21-2013

Happened when I was playing ranked so I didn't give it time. I just hard rebooted the system. If it happens in a game that isn't close or in a normal, I'll look at it.