Where does Riot sit on nerfing/buffing champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jasiwel

01-21-2013

Kha was just nerfed. He can't reach OP status and he isn't OP at all. If played right he's really good, but played wrong or shut out and you will lose that game. He is a High-Risk, High-Reward champion. He is fine as is.

I could agree with Kayle though. She is too solid of a champion with abilities that make her too secure. When played right there is no easy way to kill her. She scales well throughout the whole game and I feel like she needs a good weakness somewhere.

Justin Nguyen

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiwel View Post
Kha was just nerfed. He can't reach OP status and he isn't OP at all. If played right he's really good, but played wrong or shut out and you will lose that game. He is a High-Risk, High-Reward champion. He is fine as is.

I could agree with Kayle though. She is too solid of a champion with abilities that make her too secure. When played right there is no easy way to kill her. She scales well throughout the whole game and I feel like she needs a good weakness somewhere.
I don't see the high risk of playing kha'zix. If you can assassinate someone then do it. He can get pretty tanky too. Though I think he was just nerfed, but I'm not exactly sure.

Though I agree on kayle. She has no big fault to her kit, and it gives the ADC 2 supports, but kayles damage is high also. She almost never loses laning phase, because she has an escape and she also has her ult. Her Pre-6 game isn't terrible like tryndameres either. Sure you can probably out duel her maybe, but if you run out of mana or you're on CD she'll chase you with Q-E combo. Her biggest fault is that she has an AOE E and it pushes the lane. Though it's not that big of a deal.

Grimsonist

01-21-2013

Quote:
Stopping 3 seconds of damage could be the difference between dying and killing someone.
Isn't that the point of the ability though?

Grimsonist

01-21-2013

Quote:
They smash them into the ground or they rocket propel them into space. The changes are sometimes so drastic that they create a real imbalance.
I have my conspiracy theory that they do this not for the actual sake of balance, but to exaggerate things purposely to keep the game more *interesting* and ever-changing in hopes of retaining maximum player-base.

IS1cf9d4c218a71e43afee7

01-21-2013

Quote:
Kayle

I think Kayle needs a nerf, because her top game is too strong. She has a bit of sustain, but tons of harass. She can stop a lot of damage too. So anyone/anything that deals good damage all at once gets screwed which puts a lot of champions in it. Besides a few like jayce or yorick. They have good harass, and they can continue the damage. Kayle also has CC, so she just flies over you and rains fire on you. Especially with tiamat it's pretty crazy. Stopping 3 seconds of damage could be the difference between dying and killing someone.
Pick kayle top, then ill pick pantheon or fiora and you are fked up for whole match.
Kayle is easiest to counter champion.
Take exhaust on top and you win with most of kayles, she is too AA depend, also really easy to gank champion, her push makes any enemy jungler happy.
Do you want a list of champs, who have easy win with kayle? Here it is:
- anivia
- veigar (stun her before ult, one combo her > profit)
- fiora
- draven (Q poke party)
- pantheon
- jayce (dat Q harras)
- lee sin
- jax (dodge all day all night)
- malphite
- malzahar
- urgot (gonna harras u when ur E is on Cd)
+ ANY auto atack speed reduction, CC help vs her a lot too especially silence.