What's the point of subliminal messaging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

01-21-2013

People buy things because they perceive them as "good", and many/most people perceive things that are "popular" to be considered "good", at least on a subconsious level. People will even try/buy a type of product they don't even like, simply because it's popular. Like I generally don't like soda because it's all around bad, but if I learned about a new soda that was all the rage, and maybe it was because Justin Bieber or other celebrities were all secretly paid to be pictured drinking it, shoot, I'll buy some.

So if you see/hear/learn about a product, even barely/subtley/subciously, over and over again, you're going to think this product is "popular". Brand Recognition. Companies desire this more than anything besides longterm profits, and will spend half their annual budget every year trying to increase it by a marginal amount in stupid, stupid ways. Microsoft's marketing strategy for the orginal Xbox probably is a great example to look into.

Illuminati anon

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anialator100 View Post
Studies have proven it. if you put subliminal messages into tv ads, people would flock to it like crazy, but its illegal becasue its too powerful. can you tell the difference between 40 and 60 FPS, if you can, your brain can easily pick up those messages and you just proved it. its all subconcious. its like hypnotism.
The government still uses subliminal messages though. They put them in movies, songs, on products, and all over the television. It may be illegal but they're doing it anyway because there's nothing you can do to stop them.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati anon View Post
The government still uses subliminal messages though. They put them in movies, songs, on products, and all over the television. It may be illegal but they're doing it anyway because there's nothing you can do to stop them.
And here I was thinking that most movies, songs, and products were made by private companies.

Asatorrr

01-21-2013

Back in highschool for my film class, our teacher put up some tv special of this "magic" guy that basically used mind games to get people to do stuff, or in other words, subliminal messaging. If I remembered his name I would post a youtube to it, but he took a group of people and subjected them to various subtle stimuli in the course of a "training" program or something. He got them to associate colors and visual cues with emotions and desires and then put each of them through an environment with those cues and wanted to see if they would attempt to rob an armored car guard carrying a briefcase of money. A few people did.

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchandKiss View Post
And here I was thinking that most movies, songs, and products were made by private companies.
But think about who runs the Govenment, lobbyist from companies do. It is a massive ploy by companies to mind control the masses, through manipulating the Government to allow them to manipulate people to benefit big corporations.