About Strong Dominion Champions

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just Get Better

Senior Member

01-18-2013

Riot will probably never make changes/nerf/buff a champion because they are overpowered/underpowered/require no skill/unfair/have mechanics that naturally suit the game mode in dominion. Changes are made to champions for SR, and the other game modes have to deal with what is put in place. Balancing dominion has, since release, been largely item oriented in order to have no effect on SR. Please think before proposing changes to champs (e.g. kassadin, rammus and nidalee) in regards to numbers/kit because they are strong picks in dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorUrsa

Senior Member

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Get Better View Post
Riot will probably never make changes/nerf/buff a champion because they are overpowered/underpowered/require no skill/unfair/have mechanics that naturally suit the game mode in dominion. Changes are made to champions for SR, and the other game modes have to deal with what is put in place. Balancing dominion has, since release, been largely item oriented in order to have no effect on SR. Please think before proposing changes to champs (e.g. kassadin, rammus and nidalee) in regards to numbers/kit because they are strong picks in dominion.
You know, I bet if you ask Riot, and say "Pretty please", they might just give you that name change to "Just Troll Harder". They might even throw sprinkles on top if you're lucky!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just Get Better

Senior Member

01-18-2013

This is a 100% serious post. I love dominion and support it fully, but sadly it's just a fact that it won't be used as a reason to buff/nerf champions. Hell, they even removed dominion from the spotlights and is never seen in patch previews.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorUrsa

Senior Member

01-18-2013

We all know that the likelihood of Riot changing or re-balancing a champion around the Crystal Scar is a pipe dream, many of us have read Riot post's stating this plainly, and we all know Riot's track record in their execution of Dominion and alternatively SR balance.

Leave it up to optimistic spirit from the community. Its difficult for us to be the ugly stepchild of the Riot family. Our older step-brother Summoners Rift gets all the new toys, and whenever he gets hurt or wants a lolly, Riots always there to give him what he wants while we're left in the background, glowering, wondering when the hell Riots going to hand us our damn lolly. We've been asking for one for months now. Can't we just get one lolly?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just Get Better

Senior Member

01-18-2013

Screw optimism. No lollies ever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Get Better View Post
Screw optimism. No lollies ever.
but but we just got one: the new passive on lightbringer and hextech sweeper, you know? that one that reveals traps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ikruti

Senior Member

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
but but we just got one: the new passive on lightbringer and hextech sweeper, you know? that one that reveals traps.
To be fair, wasn't in on items that aren't available in SR? So in that particular case they're not affecting SR's balance, so much easier for them to pull the trigger. It might affect TT (don't know if those items are in TT as I don't play it) but even if it did, it's TT and is in the same boat as affecting SR balance is allowed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OxBaker

Senior Member

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Get Better View Post
This is a 100% serious post. I love dominion and support it fully, but sadly it's just a fact that it won't be used as a reason to buff/nerf champions. Hell, they even removed dominion from the spotlights and is never seen in patch previews.
Yeah but there are other options RIOT could do if they really wanted such as make map specific versions of champs that are toned down. They already said they would consider it for champs who are disadvantaged like Thresh with his soul collecting so why not for the problem ones like Kass?

They could just make some category for the OP champs where a general 5% (or whatever's appropriate) nerf is applied to stats and whenever a champ is determined to be a problem on this map they just stick them in that filter so that they play pretty well the same as the full power version does except... you know... not at full power

But no, I won't stop complaining about Kass, Nid and others...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyemite

Senior Member

01-18-2013

While being true overall, some aspects do translate into SR and are immediately seen in dominion. So while they aren't making changes for dominion, I am sure that they do look at the team fight aspect to look for early warning of how they may do in SR leading to potential balances that benefit both modes directly.

On the other hand did you see the sticky on top of the dominion forums titled "which champions should get minor tweaks for dominion"? This would suggest otherwise that they do plan on interacting with champs on dominion at least minimally .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Slime Appears

Senior Member

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyemite View Post
On the other hand did you see the sticky on top of the dominion forums titled "which champions should get minor tweaks for dominion"? This would suggest otherwise that they do plan on interacting with champs on dominion at least minimally .
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh you.


12