What's the point of Merc Treads

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SyZstats

01-20-2013

I get it every game as a staple on Garen, and I'm starting to wonder why

Does nothing against items like Mallet, any champion with any sort of snare, if you're being focused in a team fight going from a 2s stun to a 1.3s stun changes nothing as there's so much damage output in the game just being hit by a disable is enough to wreck you

supersploit

01-20-2013

LOL!?

tenacity counters mallet

mercs are the single most important boots in the game

Droogslayer

01-20-2013

There's really long disables that mercury treads can shine their tenacity in. For instance -

Merc treads tenacity (35% Tenacity)
Tenacious (15% Tenacity [From Mastery Page]) +
Relentless (15% [slow reduce % not duration] [also Mastery Page])

Take Nasus for instance his slow works up to 95%, this is alot easier to overlook with the above.
For stuns not so much, you'll hardly notice; but it's all tenacity things not only slows.

Edit: Also you pointed out that there's alot of damage - this is why they also add magic resist.

The SHP

01-20-2013

for one, getting MR on the boots slot is a nice way to pick it up without committing one of your 5 other items to an MR item (generally merc's + runes + natural growth is enough on melees)

And tenacity only doesn't affect displacements and slow fields (and suppression, i suppose). Unless your champ is screwed by getting hard cc'd in the first place (like many ADcs without cleanse), the tenacity will help out a fair bit against reduceable cc. Even against mallet, now that its duration is only 1.5 seconds.