Master Yi's heal was a 4.0 AP ratio?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ireliateyou

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Squirrel View Post
CC.

Long cooldown.
I know how to counter it, but I had no idea the ratio was that high. I knew it scaled well, but hell the closest thing I can think of was the scaling on Nidalee's heal before it was nerfed. It was like a 2.4 AP ratio or something, which on a heal is huge.

Falling Objects

01-20-2013

Huge cool down (Pretty much reliant upon getting ultimate refresh to actually get any use out of it outside of lane)
No persistent effects (Anything that isn't a slow or a snare will break it)
Nerfs to how much it heals completely removes multiple tactical aspects of it "I'll tank towers while you guys go do useful things"
Indirectly nerfs AD Yi, who is already pretty awful by most standards

Trivle

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogslayer View Post
Ult + Kill = no cooldown W again Ult + Q = no cooldown Rinse and repeat.
If you're able to do that you shouldn't need to use W. Considering what you just suggested was a team fight or at least one of 3 or more people. If you can successfully dunk like that in the fight chances are you won't be healing anyway.

mambawarrior0

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJeremy View Post
Back in the day we'd get excited for anything higher than 1.0. No wonder he's so unkillable with just two Doran's rings! Was it always like this?
It used to have a higher base.

And we got excited for instant 1.0, and damage mostly, not for a channeled heal over 5 seconds.

tenrel

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivle View Post
It isn't the huge armor and mr buff at allllll.
i mean it's only the largest defensive steroid in the game.

i don't see what the fuss is about, anyone whose played AP yi knows meditate is too strong.

and im not even talking just started playing him because of FOTM status, people knew this way back when.

isn't it funny how this stuff works? people can near unanimously agree that something is too strong till it gets popular.

TheGrandDuelist

01-20-2013

It's just plain anti-fun for everybody who blindpicks into a losing lane matchup.

I play Lux and groan whenever I run into an AP Yi in blindpicks as there is literally no way I can kill him unless he flat out stupid.

Ireliateyou

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama View Post
Kat's ultimate now has a ratio of 2.0

Which I find to be even more disturbing.
If you count the entire duration, yeah. Though that rarely happens.

TBH I don't find Yi's heal OP or anything. I'm just genuinely surprised it was that high. I never really used it myself, so that probably explains it. It thought it was closer to 1.0 AP or something that you'd typically see, though I didn't consider it was over the 5 second duration.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0tat0pancakes View Post
4.0 over the entire 5 seconds, not per second.

0.8 AP per second, if you have CC and let it tick more than once you are bad.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenrel View Post
i mean it's only the largest defensive steroid in the game.

i don't see what the fuss is about, anyone whose played AP yi knows meditate is too strong.

and im not even talking just started playing him because of FOTM status, people knew this way back when.

isn't it funny how this stuff works? people can near unanimously agree that something is too strong till it gets popular.

no no no, most people have been begging for meditate to be buffed and make him immune to CC while meditating or I have even seen some people asking to allow him to move while meditating.