This game's players make it hard to get into this game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heisenblargh

11-11-2013

Hi, I'm a pretty new player, just got to level 7 and I'm trying to step out of bots and into real matches. I'm making some mistakes and sometimes having a hard time playing against the other champ in my lane, which makes me lose basically every single game I play. I come to find out most of these other players I'm playing against already have max level accounts and are just stomping me because I'm new at the game. To add to this frustration, my team berates me almost every single game, saying I'm bad and should quit and blah blah blah. I'm having fun and trying to get better, but this horrible attitude on my team paired with the fact that I basically never get paired with someone even remotely near my skill level is very off-putting, to say the least. I'm beginning to wonder if they are right and I should quit, but it wouldn't have anything to do with my enjoyment of this game, these people are just making me not want to play.

Goodwish

11-11-2013

Turn off chat, check out some learning videos on youtube, open guides for champions you playing and get better. Good luck!

TehomCD

11-11-2013

Just getting into pvp as a legitimately new player can be a horrible experience due to the sheer volume of experienced players you'll encounter who will berate you. Eventually, you'll stop seeing these people as you lose more games and the matchmaker starts to find other real new players to match you against, but seeing a tremendous amount of abuse is pretty normal early on. My advice is to put people on ignore immediately the moment they say anything remotely negative. A lot of these people will go on and on throughout the match, and grow worse if people respond to them.

tl;dr - Stick with it, but put jerks on ignore immediately, and you'll get fun matches before too long.

QQMoreFailures

11-12-2013

You said you are trying and having fun, so who cares what a bunch of pre-teen trolls say over the internet.

NullWolf

11-12-2013

Definitely check out some videos and guides. Go to YouTube, watch gbay99's videos, especially the one titled How to Prevent Your Deaths in League of Legends.

Another good series to watch are the lectures from the University of New South Wales. Beware, these ones are mostly 1 hour+ video lectures, but can be VERY informative. (Though using Season 3 info, and Season 4 is upon us.)

Ignore anyone not giving you constructive criticism.

Lord Khaoz

11-12-2013

I'm finding out the bad attitudes seem to always appear. Best advice I got is ignore the negative ppl , listen to the constructive critism , and your goal in any game shouldnt be to win but to become a better playr

Matthias9119

11-12-2013

This week in particular you're getting players who are bitter because they didn't get the ranking they wanted in Season 3 (which is just ending) and are taking it out on other people.

If people are harassing you or telling you you're bad, etc. -- best thing to do is to ignore them (use the in-game mute if necessary), report them after the game for verbal abuse, and move on. You may have better luck if you stick with co-op matches for a bit longer, as when you're at VERY low levels you get a huge mix of players, including experienced ones who have created a new account for some reason. Not all of them are out there to stomp newbs and be jerks, but some of them are. The ones who are yelling at you for being new are just idiots.

The DwarvenLied

11-12-2013

TAB Button - Click the Chat Bubble near their name. - They'll be muted. Or you can do /ignore PLAYERNAMEHERE in chat.

People can get rude, I recommend sending friend requests to people you felt were very nice, and "collect" them in your friends list, so if you want to play ranked, or PVP you will have friends worth while and the negativity will be extremely low, (Let's face it, even friends can get negative if they are having a crappy day.. but you can be more forgiving of them usually.)

Sy Chronos

11-12-2013

If you want, you can join my skype team. I'm not a pro or anything, but I find that my beginner friends do a lot better than other beginners when we're all in skype talk and me and another friend can give constant suggestions and positive feedback. -> NobleSy

8BitPhantom

11-12-2013

Dear Heisenblargh. Add me and we will catch some games im also new to the game and keep getting paired with people like that my goal is to set up a small group of people to play some games together in premades we may not win all the time but atleast the team will be full of people that are just willing to learn and have fun. If anyone else is interested feel free to add me up as well.

It is hard to get into a game and want to play it when its nothing but trolls and people that are thinking they are good yet playing on smurf accounts its kind of sickening but nothing can be done about it aside from ignoring them.

Looking forward to hearing from some people on this hope everyone has a fun and a good day, cheers.