Regarding Legendary Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a Lost Wookie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

I was reading a lot on Kayle's most recent skin and how ridiculously overpriced it was. As some suggestions, it would be cool if:

Her armor looked flashier/better/more awesome each time she lvl'd her ult. Also, it would be epic if her wings actually did something, as mentioned by another player. For example, if she E'd, her wings could grow, change color, and there could be an added significant source of oomph, or power, behind her new ranged attacks, along with shockwaves (smoke) behind where she's hovering each time she attacks. It would be great if her Q made whoever she targeted bleed off particles of light, or something, seeing as she's an angel. Her heal could be a beam from heaven shining down on targeted ally, or herself. There's so much potential behind her design to really make a "legendary" skin legendary.

VO's could be redone too, to be more angelic, and authoritative, and just better. I do like her B animation though. I feel Syndra's should have some kind of sound and woosh-woosh to it, when going b. It would be epic if the ground cracked under her as she B'd and her orbs orbited around her faster as time went on. There's a ton of little things, that in my opinion, would help distinguish each champ from the others of their respective roles better. By no means am I saying the game is bad, because I enjoy it.

And her splash art needs work, too. But everyone knows this already, hah

Thoughts? Opinions?

a Lost Wookie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Bump

Sorrakka

01-20-2013

I doubt they will change it at all now thats its released. At most they might lower its price to 1350, but kayle would need a visual rework before they'd touch up her skin at all.

a Lost Wookie

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrakka View Post
I doubt they will change it at all now thats its released. At most they might lower its price to 1350, but kayle would need a visual rework before they'd touch up her skin at all.
Even if they didn't change it, hopefully they'll put more thought into making legendary skins legendary. Kratos, in GoW, the power behind his story and the brute strength or extremely acrobatic styles between each weapon is something that gets the player involved more. Same goes for DMC. I feel if Riot could harness that power or speed consistently, this game would be even better.

Illyriomysterio

01-20-2013

You mean to say you want things PFE offered while paying half or less than the same price.

Sorrakka

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieuxLoup View Post
Even if they didn't change it, hopefully they'll put more thought into making legendary skins legendary. Kratos, in GoW, the power behind his story and the brute strength or extremely acrobatic styles between each weapon is something that gets the player involved more. Same goes for DMC. I feel if Riot could harness that power or speed consistently, this game would be even better.
What I find strange is some of these skins takes them months or the better part of a year for them to make, yet at no point in the creation process they think "hey, I the designer likes this personally, but what does the community like?" I feel like they get into some kind of closed off sphere of themselves and a bunch of yes-men, and nobody gives them any opposing views to what could be. They spend so much time making it, then they'd lose money if they didnt release it and hope for the best. I seriously doubt this skin will sell well. Even though its just digital data, it cost them money and manpower to create. It just feels like bad business to spend so much time and not realize how bad something truly is.

a Lost Wookie

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrakka View Post
What I find strange is some of these skins takes them months or the better part of a year for them to make, yet at no point in the creation process they think "hey, I the designer likes this personally, but what does the community like?" I feel like they get into some kind of closed off sphere of themselves and a bunch of yes-men, and nobody gives them any opposing views to what could be. They spend so much time making it, then they'd lose money if they didnt release it and hope for the best. I seriously doubt this skin will sell well. Even though its just digital data, it cost them money and manpower to create. It just feels like bad business to spend so much time and not realize how bad something truly is.

Well now, that's interesting that you've brought that up. I agree with you. At the same time, I don't know everything that goes on over there and the things that go into not only developing new champs, but coming up with new skins too. I'm gonna remain somewhat hopeful and hope they change how they design skins like how they've decided to do away with a new champion every two weeks. Maybe a year down the line this game will be drastically better than it is now. Hopefully the higher-ups take constructive criticism well, if at all.