Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is MP5 being taken off of things?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reverie Reality

01-20-2013

I could have swore I just read a red post about how high CD reduction items like BFT and Nashors need the MP5 because of the spamability of spells you get with that reduction.

Now it's being removed?

Kaliphear

01-20-2013

I think Xypherous mentioned this in passing during one of his posts. I think the idea was to give AP champions that don't necessarily want MP5 an early option for CDR and AP.

KesslerCOIL

01-21-2013

id say its so AP champions have to actually spec reasonably hard into mana regen if they want skill sustain, this also means that certain weaknesses are more accentuated, making champions more obviously mana hungry so they have to choose between specing some mana regen, mana or continuing building bulk AP.

Silentfayt

01-21-2013

Not all ap champions use mana, and this gives them more build choices. If you have mana issues, learn better management.

KesslerCOIL

01-21-2013

Quote:
Silentfayt:
Not all ap champions use mana, and this gives them more build choices. If you have mana issues, learn better management.

Tell that to Anivia...

ploki122

01-21-2013

Actually it's more because there is already a Codex option for mana-hungry champions, and codex doesn't need the MP5 restriction anymore (since the champions are more balanced).

So you can now pick chalice for MP5, and evolve it into AUG (with codex). Pick codex for CDR and evolve it into Tooth. Or pick Codex for AP/CDR and evolve it into Morellonomicon...

Firellius

01-21-2013

I am apalled that mages are the target of branch-wide nerfing.

AGAIN.

ploki122

01-21-2013

they're ninja nerfs, the easier to fix... Also the chnge to MP5 isn't a nerf since the price of those items drops

Tortferngatr

01-21-2013

Quote:
Firellius:
I am apalled that mages are the target of branch-wide nerfing.

AGAIN.

Mordekaiser is not amused.

Neither is Katarina.

Or Rumble.

Or Vladimir.

The only one I see amused is Syndra, and that's because she actually liked the regen on Codex. She's still capable of buying Grail, Archangel's, or Morellonomicon.

konfetarius

01-21-2013

So... err... did they actually drop the gold cost of every item they axed mana regen from...?