Some whimsical thoughts on alternate que, meta, and an offered solution.RED post plz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burnedwings

01-20-2013

By no means is it this simple, by no means am I a professional or a content designer but I just had to dodge revive clarity Heimer in ranked so I have some free time. Red post would be awesome.

State of the game: You enter into a que, say ranked. If your a respectable elo most/all players should be able to play all of the 5 standard meta roles for lane position and understand the needs of say... an initator or a tank etc. So after que pops some of these players just feel like playing a certain role. In my case I want mid because everyone sucks (not true...though we all experience a lot of teerrrriibbllee games). This happens and say two people call mid. The ensuing fight occurs and theirs a Ryze and an Ahri. Both want mid and now we have a dual mid game and say.... no jungle... or no support. The smart thing to do is dodge and go play aram... Which f*cking sucks. But the timer hits zero and no one does. Sure, non meta teams can win and I have won many double mid games, but more often than not you are screwed. The other situation is elo hell (dont care what exists just a term for getting in a game with toxic players) and someone says "I can't support" or "Jangle!? How do!?" and you again have a foot lodged deeply inside your anus. As pertains to the meta if you believe the meta is the most ideal situation (were not talking tourny play and lane swaps and such tom foolery and sorcery as that)

Offered solution: An alternative que. Say, Meta Draft. Que, select your desired role (Top, Mid, Jungle, Support, ADC) and go, i'd be willing to wait a full five minutes longer to ensure a solid game. In game let that person be tagged in pre-game lobby for what they chose so everyone knows and can instantly communicate.

Can it be implemented, probably not. But I would sure love it. Of course this has its own problems associated... easy trolling, non meta comps, etc. But for those willing to submit to meta for a non ranked game to ensure a solid game and no need to dodge, *shiver* it just sounds so pleasant.

Pads

01-20-2013

a huge part of selection screen is what role to pick in what order, atleast in higher elos
this system wouldnt make sense with that
also whos gonna search support honestly
it would be very hard to find a match

Burnedwings

01-20-2013

Of course, this isnt intended for ranked. Just normal ques to get a solid and enjoyable game. And plenty of people like support. your telling me you dont know someone who mains support?

Burnedwings

01-20-2013

And on the support thing again i'll reference my WoW days. I lvl'ed and geared up a priest to heal in raid content. Why? because it was desirable. Obviously in this que a support would be the most desired and for that desire anyone willing to support gets an instant que.

Yasei Doubutsu

01-20-2013

You can win a ranked and normal game without Supports or jungles.
You still get bonus with out them.
1: 2 top = more pressure and less of a chance that enemy jungler can gank top.
2: 1 adc or 2 adc pr 1 adc and 1 ap, is still good. Either forcing bot to get Armor or MR.
And if they aint Stupidkeep pressure and still do just as good.

Boagster

01-20-2013

The issue here is that "the meta" is an ever-changing thing. Remember, "the meta" at one point was 1 Top, 2 Mid, 1 Bot, 1 Jungle, and before that, there wasn't even a dedicated jungler.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

All those threads talking about role-queuing.

Please. The forums have a search feature. Try it out once and a while.

Yasei Doubutsu

01-20-2013

Searching is hard, must, create, new post, every hour!

Burnedwings

01-21-2013

Yasei, i already commented on that. I didn't mention a thing about how non meta teams cannot win. I even mentioned winning multiple times without meta.... however the current meta has been in place for a substantial amount of time and it would be nice to see actual choices... take a FPS game.. you have choices of team death match, death match, CTF, King of the Hill, a capture and hold style etc.... why limit ourselves to a few set ques when we have such a massive player base

Soulkatti

01-21-2013

In this "meta que" what is to stop someone from choosing a support role for faster que times and locking in a top laner? How would Riot go about that? They certainly couldn't limit a player's choices and force them to select from a limited lot of champions that fulfill their specifically selected role. Also, you can't stop someone from walking and taking mid lane even if that was not their selected role. My point is, trolls are going to troll and they'll find us wherever we go.