@RIOT Ap Yi nerfs on pbe

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anidan

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookrat View Post
Here's a situation for you AP Yi players:

AP Yi gets arrogant and alpha strikes onto let's say GP. Uh oh, looks like GP doesn't like this and proceeds to punish Yi for making such a horrible mistake. Brings Yi to 10% hp and in a second, Yi is back to full hp without consequence. That ratio on his heal is absolutely absurd. Not all champions have a means of moving/stunning Yi during meditate.
If GP brought Yi to 10% in a single second, Meditate isn't going to save him.

cottonycloud

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anidan View Post
If GP brought Yi to 10% in a single second, Meditate isn't going to save him.
I think he means Meditate, but that takes 5.

Anyhow, Meditate gives 300 armor/mr (or was it 250).

aliasdaikon

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raasu View Post
Someone get a Red in here for this guy. This is respondable. (It's a word because I typed it, pow.)

Anyway, +1 bump.
Thanks for the kind words and bump.

Eliroo

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasdaikon View Post
You simply didn't read it at all. I even said that I understand meditate needs to be tweaked, but what they are doing is not balancing, they are cutting it in half. If cutting a skill's heal in half makes that skill balanced then that skill was crazy op for ~3 years and no one noticed.
I still think that even a 1.2k Heal with 500 AP is excessive....considering he gets AR/MR during this.... I see no problem with this nerf Just means you have to play smart and not R > Q > W > Q > Q Pentar kill

Innolis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÄHeroNamedHawke View Post
Yi jumps onto Elise
Elise starts beating the **** out of him
Yi tries to heal
Stun
Dead

Yi OP
Why would he jump on elise of all champions? he deserved to die XD

Fat Mchugelarge

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasdaikon View Post
I would like to start out by saying that I understand this is only on pbe, and not live. I want to try to convince you guys that bringing those nerfs live will destroy yi.

Ap yi has exactly 2 tools, alpha strike and meditate. Alpha strike, especially at early levels, has a very long cooldown and still only hits 4 things. He can only alpha strike a wave one time, and even then, it doesn't kill the minions unless he gets a proc. After that he is left to farm slowly at melee range. He eats a lot of harass while trying to farm with his aa. Meditate allows him to trade harass for farm. Meditate basically allows him to function, and although ap yi functions differently than other champions, he should not be discriminated against because of it.

Other champions in the game have increased base stats to offset the fact that they are melee, but not yi. Yi is part of the special class of champion labeled melee carry. Instead of getting decent base stats, our plucky little samurai must deal with being able to deal a truckload of damage lategame with two steroids. Doing a quick appraisal of all the champions listed as melee carries we will see that all of them are basically useless when it comes to top level competition. Melee carries, in lol, are an entirely broken class of champions, who have been completely outclassed by bruisers. When Yi is played ap, he doesn't even get to take advantage of the two ad steroids he was given to offset his terrible base stats. The only thing ap yi has is that meditate.

The proposed nerf to meditate, reducing the ap ratio from 4.0 to 1.2 along with lowering the base amount, will drastically affect my ap yi, even starting at lvl 2. I take meditate at lvl 2, with alpha strike at lvl 1. Between my runepage/masteries and starting buy of a doran's ring I have 39 ap out of the gate. That means that by the time I hit lvl 2 and try to meditate I will not heal for the expected 296, but instead I will only gain 167. The nerf looks even larger when we start comparing numbers in a lategame build. With 500 ap and a lvl 5 meditate, the old heal would be 2700, and on the pbe that would only heal for 1200. Maybe his current meditate is too strong, I'm not denying that, but the changes you are proposing are not balance, they are destruction. You are basically making ap yi unviable on any level. You are also hurting ad yi by dropping the base heal amount on meditate, and ad yi is already basically useless.

I would like to reiterate that last point once again for a conclusion. This is not balance, it is destruction. I am more than willing to entertain the fact that yi's meditate probably needs to be toned down, but if these changes go live you will completely destroy ap yi, and also the most fun I've ever had playing lol.
He actually has other tools if you build a malady and/or DFG.

Nevertheless, I agree with everything else.

Kristari Zuboro

01-21-2013

If only there were some items in the game that were specifically targeted toward reducing healing effects, or regeneration... You could make two of these items, one for AD and one for AP. For the AP champs we could make an item that maybe could bear Morello's name. Maybe for the AD champs, we could name it Executioners something... I dunno.

If only...

iBoone

01-21-2013

Honestly, none of these nerfs are that big of a deal. In my eyes if you are playing yi as a pure ap your doing it wrong. Build him hybrid and give yourself a little more flexibility. Hell, I would argue that the nerfs aren't even needed for the simple fact that anyone with any kind of knockup, stun or silence can shut him down if they are thinking clearly.Not to mention ignite/grievious wounds reducing his sustain.

Teemo Support GG

01-21-2013

Oh no AP yi's may actually have to lose lanes now.
What ever will you do?
Play a real champion?
Play Yi the right way?

SpiritHacker

01-21-2013

Healing reduc wouldn't matter much when you're halving a 2700 heal. I do think the nerfs are a bit much though.

1234567 ... 11