The Boots:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yasei Doubutsu

01-20-2013

What people dont realize is that the beginning boots have been nerfed, they hardly give you any movement speed any more.
Im not saying that you should not get them and stuff like that.
Im saying buying boots at the start of a game is absolutely pointless.
You may as well buy other things wait till a few mins in and buy tier 2 boots.
And then upgrade them into Homegaurd boots because they are the funiest thing when a fat naut comes running in from a teleport.

Let the comments of how this is silly begin!

Jerk9003

01-20-2013

I buy boots because my feet get cold

Yasei Doubutsu

01-20-2013

I like that answer Sir!

Yasei Doubutsu

01-20-2013

There should be boots that resist cold.
Maybe new starting boots Question Mark.

UnblestDevotee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

What about flame retardant boots? Lower the damage of ignite and all fire based attacks?

Yasei Doubutsu

01-20-2013

Lol boots made to reduce ignite thats funny I would so get that.

Yasei Doubutsu

01-20-2013

Or boots that extend summoner spells or something, but still lvl 1 boots suck and other boots better

Boagster

01-20-2013

Sure, the value of starting with boots went down, there are still times to do it. When bringing a slow champion against someone who can outclass you either way the first few levels will give you a little safety. Same when going against a skill-shot heavy champion. It's just not a good one-size fits all start, anymore.

Yasei Doubutsu

01-20-2013

And you could just buy MR or amour at the start, thus making starting boots redundant.
people can do what they will, but they are worthless at the start now.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

I roll with boots on most champions for the same reason I roll with movement speed quints.

Yes, they're nerfed. And yes, they're less must-buys now. But I like to have that every bit of movement speed from the beginning.

Heck, the movement speed from boots, no matter how small, can mean the difference between being in or out of range for an ability.

I don't care how much damage you can add by starting Long Sword, Doran's anything, Amplifying Tome, whatever, it won't equate to the difference between landing an extra ability or extra auto-attack because it's easier to get in range with your extra movement speed.

Likewise, it doesn't matter how much health, armor, or magic resist you buy at level 1, it doesn't add up to the amount of damage avoided simply by getting out of range more quickly.