No support Bot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Furai X

01-21-2013

Okay, I've been playing for a while and have been getting mixed reports. A lot of people say that the ADC goes bottom as well as the support champ for the team. So far, that really hasn't been contradicted.

But occasionally, I get a non-support going bot because there is no support (no one wants to play one). I'm wondering how that non-support is supposed to behave. They are a bruiser or another type of carry typically and they need cash just like the ADC, but two people can't be fed on the bot (unless the opposing team stinks).

So, do they share creeps, feed the ADC or do what they want?

whiteandnerdy42

01-21-2013

I would say share creeps... But don't take all the creeps.

Helter Kremlin

01-21-2013

I have taken a bruiser bot to support ADC before. If you know what you are doing it can work really well and your late game can be really strong. it can also fail though, cause a bruiser can't heal anyone else.

If supporting then you/they should support how ever you/they can. I.E. Darius can harass and pull enemies off of his ADC as well as snag the enemy ADC or support for a kill for his own ADC. He also has a slow.

Two ADCs? I'm not sure. I guess maybe one should farm while the other lays down harass, and the one harassing can farm while the other returns to base. I'm not sure, I've not had two ADCs in the same lane yet. I've had a Cait top and an Ez bot before. But never two bot.

Furai X

01-21-2013

Thanks to both of you!

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter Kremlin View Post
it can also fail though, cause a bruiser can't heal anyone else.
Blitzcrank
Cho'gath
Fiddlesticks
Galio
Jarvan IV
Lulu
Lux
Maokai
Nunu
Orianna
Teemo
Zilean
Zyra

Boagster

01-21-2013

I haven't laned with Bruisers at bot often, but the two times I have, we agreed on me, as ADC, taking most of the CS, while letting the Bruiser pick up the kills. Seemed to work fine.

Helter Kremlin

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Blitzcrank
Cho'gath
Fiddlesticks
Galio
Jarvan IV
Lulu
Lux
Maokai
Nunu
Orianna
Teemo
Zilean
Zyra
Just say what's on your mind. None of these champions mean that you will have 100% chance to win.

B1 GateKeeper

Senior Recruiter

01-21-2013

I'm a huge fan of Nidalee or Kha'zix bottom with an adc.
I usually play with my gf, who mains MF... I've been partial to nidalee lately..
What I do is let her take all creeps til ~ level 4, then I start splitting with her.. It seems very effective, she gets her bf sword and I get my NLR by the time I get my cougar form.

But that's just me.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter Kremlin View Post
Just say what's on your mind. None of these champions mean that you will have 100% chance to win.
It's a list of legitimate, support champions that don't have a heal.

You're saying playing a bruiser is risky because they can't heal the ADC... those are regular supports. Plenty of them are perfectly standard support champions (like Blitzcrank) and they don't have a heals.

Supports aren't supports because they have a heal. Sona isn't a support champion because of her heal.

Helter Kremlin

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
It's a list of legitimate, support champions that don't have a heal.

You're saying playing a bruiser is risky because they can't heal the ADC... those are regular supports. Plenty of them are perfectly standard support champions (like Blitzcrank) and they don't have a heals.

Supports aren't supports because they have a heal. Sona isn't a support champion because of her heal.

I never said supports were only support if they can heal. I even said when supporting you should do as a support does.

I like support Cho and Blitz.

The question the OP asked was what Champions like Jarvan and Darius should do as support, as they are more often top lane champions.

Edit: and yes it CAN go bad when you can't heal your ADC. Like when you have full health and your ADC is running with less than one hit left on his. You aren't always going to be able to stop two champions at once, and a heal could save his life.