Proof Solo Queue Ranking/ELO is Meaningless

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bladesauce

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPsx View Post
so, being 2.2k last season and playing with a bunch of my friends all of the time, you are assuming that they can beat me?

i know the difference between a high level player and a low level player. if you put a high level player in a low level game, there is an almost overwhelming probability that he will completely ruin the game for everyone. someone that understands how to snowball properly and playing in the competitive mindset will destroy someone with 1. suboptimal mechanics, 2. inferior knowledge of the game, 3. the inability to correctly analyze faults.

i've played with my friends in some 'handmade' leagues where i am 2.2k+ elo and my buddies are around 1000-1400 elo. if i am going against someone that is below 1200, i full expect to crush my lane and make such a devastating impact in the game that cannot be dealt with without a superior strategy and understanding of what i am doing.

so there you have it, input from an actual high level player. if you want to put that to a test, invite me to your 800 elo game and i can help show you, with my own commentary, what i am doing real time and how i plan on snowballing the game in my favor.

remember: it is not the lack of "skill" necessarily that makes you lose games. in sub 1500 games, usually it is suboptimal mechanics and simply a lesser knowledge of the game.

This in a nutshell. I played a few games for a friend when I was over at his house one time in the 1100s and absolutely demolished every game i played. I may not have been 2200+ but even at my 1800 range it stands the same.

CarePoliceLoL

02-01-2013

Where are screenshots to prove this OP?

GĂȘoff

02-01-2013

although i dont think 40 games is a big enough sample i do think you are correct.

RamboJeezus

02-01-2013

I played on my IRL friends account who is around 1600-1700 and (It fluctuates a good bit, hit a bad patch hit a good patch) Which I won about 3/5 games i played on his account. I played idk maybe 30 or so. To me this indicates that I can play and compete at this level of play. I'm not sure what other people think though.