Best role, Best champ to get out of E-LOW HAYLE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boagster

01-20-2013

They understand the question just fine, YAdunnoe. The issue is that your question itself is flawed because it ignores factors others can't account for: your personal skill set, your playstyle (defense, aggressive, objective-based, kill-based, team-based, etc) and the champions your teammates choose. There is no one-size-fits-all answer.

HyndeSyte2020

01-20-2013

There is no 'best champ, best role" to get out of "elo hell." This common misconceptions leads to a loss of elo rather than a gain. You shouldn't be in ranked solo-q if you can only play one role well. If you feasibly cannot pick up any lane in the game and do well at it, then you need to stick to normals (or find a ranked team that you can fill the roster position for the one or two roles you can play). Also, if you have less than 500 games played and over half of those as wins in normal, you shouldn't be in ranked. This gives you a good chance to see most if not all champs and you get to play around where it doesn't count finding builds and champs you like. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to lolking someone in my ranked lobby after they lock a champ to find out they have zero ranked or match history with that champ. Ranked is not the place to try out a new champ you've never played before.

The BEST way to raise your elo and get out of 'elo hell' would be to be a team player/leader, be able to play all roles, understand what makes a team win (ie, NOT kda).

Being a leader: when you get in lobby tell people to "call preferred roles" this means you will normally get more than "jungle" out of someone. Now all players SHOULD say "anything" but that is simply not the case. If the last pick player can only play mid, your team needs to give them mid.

Your job is to help your team adjust to each other in lobby so that everyone gets a preferred role or best role for the game. If you can manage that you are already that much closer to winning.

Another thing I like to remind players is that everyone needs to buy wards. They are cheap and win games. This goes hand in hand with telling people that they need to be vocal and not assume a player they've never played with knows what they are thinking or how they will make a play.

Jungle however can be the easiest way to boost elo as you have a good chance to help lanes having a hard time and can manage the flow of battle.

it's late and I'm tired, but hope this helps.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

Generally, at lower level games, they can often times be won/lost in the first 20 minutes. Even though these games typically aren't lost, the team that's behind starts raging at each other and they'll be ready to give up. Their moral will be so beaten down that it's typically pretty easy to win, even if it ends up taking 40 minutes.

As such, through lower levels of play, it can be extraordinarily strong to play good early game champions. For this same reason, mid is a very strong role to play as it is the role that can potentially have the largest impact on the game, no matter what your teammates are doing.

Pads

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Generally, at lower level games, they can often times be won/lost in the first 20 minutes. Even though these games typically aren't lost, the team that's behind starts raging at each other and they'll be ready to give up. Their moral will be so beaten down that it's typically pretty easy to win, even if it ends up taking 40 minutes.

As such, through lower levels of play, it can be extraordinarily strong to play good early game champions. For this same reason, mid is a very strong role to play as it is the role that can potentially have the largest impact on the game, no matter what your teammates are doing.
You all need to learn how to understand questions
THIS ^ is an appropriate answer

The question has NOTHING to do with my personal skill or my personal taste.

I was leaning towards evelynn mid being the best champ/role to get out of elo hell, as people just do NOT know how to deal with roaming evelynn and dont pink ward enough to deal with her

Boagster

01-20-2013

Nobody said anything about your skill or taste, YAdunnoe. I said that it has to do with your skill set and playstyle. Use some reading comprehension yourself before you point the finger at other people.

I am sure this is why Pogo never recommended a specific champion to you. For example, many people will tell you LeBlanc is a fantastic early game champion. I, for one, cannot play her for the life of me. She does not fit well into my playstyle. I love her champ design, hence she'd fit my personal taste, but I don't have the finesse in my skillset to dance around like LeBlanc requires. I can play a more direct, in-your-face champion like Evelynn, though.

Just because an answer isn't what you expected does not mean it's not an appropriate answer.

Pads

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
Nobody said anything about your skill or taste, YAdunnoe. I said that it has to do with your skill set and playstyle. Use some reading comprehension yourself before you point the finger at other people.

I am sure this is why Pogo never recommended a specific champion to you. For example, many people will tell you LeBlanc is a fantastic early game champion. I, for one, cannot play her for the life of me. She does not fit well into my playstyle. I love her champ design, hence she'd fit my personal taste, but I don't have the finesse in my skillset to dance around like LeBlanc requires. I can play a more direct, in-your-face champion like Evelynn, though.

Just because an answer isn't what you expected does not mean it's not an appropriate answer.
again, it has nothing to do with my skill set or playstyle
this question has nothing to do with me
you still dont understand lol

WaltLongmire

01-20-2013

I would say that support is the best way out of ELO Hell. I am in the process of escaping myself and I have learned that the support is the most important player on the team. Call support from the start, and that eliminates the problem of players trolling because they choose last and get assigned support. Also, by letting the ADC kill all the creeps and enemies as well as warding and healing everyone else, you can help overlevel weaker players and make them better that they actually might be. Sure, they will get cocky and think you are winning because of them, but all you care about is the +ELO, right?

As far as champs go, when supporting, make sure that you play champs that have a stun and can provide healing to your teammates. Make sure you have an escape and heal for yourself. The goal for you is to level up, make sure your lane is warded, keep the team alive and stay alive yourself. I like ghost and heal. Don't worry about exhaust and ignite. The ADC needs you to sustain longer in lane much more than a slightly increased chance of an early kill.

10thVangola

01-20-2013

GALIO GALIO GALIO as mid

Best way to do it with galio in rank.

Top: Whoever top it doesnt matter who

Mid: Galio

ADC: MF

Support: NUNU, Leona, Ali

Jungle someone who has a pop up, stun.

GG team fights. GG you win. if you are duo with someone make him go jungle or support.

Cynical Rain

01-21-2013

You're a pretentious idiot who's telling everyone "you don't understand the question".

You're searching for a scholar's mate in league of legends.

A scholar's mate doesn't exist in league of legends since it's a team game.

Because of this, you're doing what the worst mediocre chess players do - try to win by hoping the enemy "doesn't see it" i.e obvious queen checkmates.

At any decent chess level, you win without expecting mistakes from the opposite team.

"I'm thinking of using Evelynn because people just do NOT know how to deal with roaming Evelynn and don't pink ward enough to deal with her."

Wtf?

If you think you're a good player, then don't use bad player tactics - assumptions.

Nawar

01-21-2013

If you know you're good enough to carry a team in a 1v5 situation despite your lane, you can practically get out of elo hell despite the role that you play. I know a guy that went 17-1 playing a Tristana every game.