Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League System Testing!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korzu12

01-26-2013

Quote:
Yegg:
The rating thresholds are not guaranteed to be the same for Season 3 seeding. The new system is more about relative performance versus other players and less about getting above fixed thresholds.

Playing more in the preseason will generally be good for you however since top rating is taken into account for seeding.

It is a hard decision to play more with the fear that I can go on an epic losing streak and never get back to platinum, then find out in a couple weeks when this system goes live with Season 3 that platinum did actually start at 1850. Do you have any plans to release information about the tiers earlier than when Season 3 goes live? I'd think that I'd be in the platinum tier even if it is relative to the performance of other players just because it is so early in the season and not as many people have been over 1850 by now as compared with, for example, near the end of Season 2.

With that said I still decided to roll the dice and ended up winning to get to 1863 - but now I have the same dilemma of whether to play or not play.

Mindheady

01-27-2013

i dont have to accept matches anymore before entering champ select!

just had 3 ranked games with an random picked afker

Devilslord

01-28-2013

Quote:
Korzu12:
It is a hard decision to play more with the fear that I can go on an epic losing streak and never get back to platinum, then find out in a couple weeks when this system goes live with Season 3 that platinum did actually start at 1850. Do you have any plans to release information about the tiers earlier than when Season 3 goes live? I'd think that I'd be in the platinum tier even if it is relative to the performance of other players just because it is so early in the season and not as many people have been over 1850 by now as compared with, for example, near the end of Season 2.

With that said I still decided to roll the dice and ended up winning to get to 1863 - but now I have the same dilemma of whether to play or not play.

same on my EUW account -.-!!!

Silky Nights

01-28-2013

I'm not able to accept or decline a match while queueing ranked. It puts me right in champion selection!

Ipushbuttansnow

01-29-2013

Would love to test the league system, except it won't place me =/

Iyufa

01-30-2013

I have some kind of problem. I've played 8 games and won 7 of them and placed in Gold division 5 and have 98 league points.

the thing is, when i checked my League profile under the league tab, it says i've only won 5 games. If i played another game, even if i win, it will stay with 5 wins and 98 league points. i have no idea why my profile didnt update.

SaintSummoner

Recruiter

01-30-2013

im not sure if matchmaking is part of the league system but, how does it work? Im having games where its either my team is bad, sometimes including me, or sometimes the other team is not very good.

JCage

01-30-2013

Quote:
Korzu12:

I have the same problem, I'm currently at 1512 elo and don't really want to risk playing more games and going on a huge random losing streak right before the league system is implemented. It worries me that current elo will be taken into account when we are sorted into leagues. If we could get a better idea what your current and top elo needs to be for you to be sorted into each tier, it would eliminate a lot of this anxiety and allow me to start playing ranked again.

Basically, as it stands right now I don't plan on playing any games until the league system is released. I have no idea how heavily current elo factors in when we are sorted into tiers, and I don't want to risk losing a few games and ending up missing the gold 5 cutoff.

Mushren

01-31-2013

Why dont ban the ****ty people, its the 5 time i have an idiot who dont respect the pick order and turn a baby picking double mid or top or adc, its imposible test with this people.