Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


League System Testing!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rubixtreme

Member

01-23-2013

Hi Riot! I just signed up for PBE and my level was 1.. so how do i play games because only ranked queues are opened?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korzu12

Member

01-23-2013

I just hit 1852 today (on live) and am wondering... if I don't play anymore ranked games and stay at 1852 until Season 3 officially starts and the new system is implemented, will I be automatically platinum tier in the new system?

I've been looking for an answer for several hours and have read the reddit threads and have been through these forums but have not had an answer yet =/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jmr100

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Rubixtreme:
Hi Riot! I just signed up for PBE and my level was 1.. so how do i play games because only ranked queues are opened?

play a bot game and you should get lvl 30 by the time you get out or relog or something


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korzu12

Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Korzu12:
I just hit 1852 today (on live) and am wondering... if I don't play anymore ranked games and stay at 1852 until Season 3 officially starts and the new system is implemented, will I be automatically platinum tier in the new system?

I've been looking for an answer for several hours and have read the reddit threads and have been through these forums but have not had an answer yet =/


Found the answer to my own question here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/22939283-league-system-faq

It reads

Quote:
How does my ranked Elo determine my league placement?

If youÂ’ve played at least five ranked team games or 10 solo/duo games in the preseason, a combination of your current and top Elo rating will determine the tier of the league you initially earn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elf Elix

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Oh man do we get to do some data mining????


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Recruiter

01-24-2013

Quote:
Korzu12:
I just hit 1852 today (on live) and am wondering... if I don't play anymore ranked games and stay at 1852 until Season 3 officially starts and the new system is implemented, will I be automatically platinum tier in the new system?

I've been looking for an answer for several hours and have read the reddit threads and have been through these forums but have not had an answer yet =/


The rating thresholds are not guaranteed to be the same for Season 3 seeding. The new system is more about relative performance versus other players and less about getting above fixed thresholds.

Playing more in the preseason will generally be good for you however since top rating is taken into account for seeding.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tazzz

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Just wanted to ask how the overall progress is going, do you guys feel like you are alot closer to putting it out live, or has not too much progress been made?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fairweatherfan

Junior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Yegg:
The rating thresholds are not guaranteed to be the same for Season 3 seeding. The new system is more about relative performance versus other players and less about getting above fixed thresholds.

Playing more in the preseason will generally be good for you however since top rating is taken into account for seeding.



Doesn't it make sense to give the players the information and a number to shoot for though while we wait this new system? Whether they should or not people are currently assuming 1500 = gold and 1850 = plat and when the new system is in place and they aren't at the level they expect they will be disappointed. If 1600 is the new requirement for gold, it seems only fair to warn people, to eliminate at least some grumbling when the new system is released.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RainbowTrenches

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Well, I was in a league...but now apparently I'm not anymore. (Silver III, or Xin Zhao's...I forget what exactly). Relogging doesn't change this.

After playing another game, I'm now in Silver II- so at least the infinite no-league bug isn't there- but I'm still getting my worst kda listed by my league rather than best.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Private Crabs

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Yegg:
Playing more in the preseason will generally be good for you however since top rating is taken into account for seeding.


Does this mean that top rating is the main way Leagues will be seeded? I know you said that it would be an average between the two, but this sounds like top rating has much higher rating. It'd make a lot of people like me who still haven't finished their first ~30 ranked games (the number of games it takes for gains/losses to settle down completely) feel less anxious about starting ranked if this were the case.