Plate of the Warmage: Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImYurpian

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
Key problem.

As for the rest of your post, you should re-read my concerns. The only way warmage becomes worth it is if you rush it, which means cloth+5 pots, and I've already stated a million times why that's a bad idea for both the game and personally.
You stated you think it promotes passive play, however i dont agree... you can trade better with cloth than you can with another item. What item would you start with instead???

Crevox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImYurpian View Post
You stated you think it promotes passive play, however i dont agree... you can trade better with cloth than you can with another item. What item would you start with instead???
But your damage is lower, and your likelihood of killing is lower. I prefer Doran's, Amp Tome, or even just boots. Boots allow you to more effectively harass and poke your opponent, even if they don't directly increase your damage output.

Armor may boast positive trades, but with a lack of consistent/bursty damage output, securing kills will be difficult (and a decision may arrive that you should just farm due to your lack of offensive ability to defeat the opponent).

IS13940001471ffbdf28d0e

01-22-2013

The problem of an AP facing an AD in mid is because the AD starts with 80~90 Attack Damage while the AP starts with 50. One autoattack is basically 30 damage difference. And they still have better base armor, and they have 100hp more than an AP.

"oh the has abilities to use his ap."

yeah, and AD has his abilities to use his AD.

The problem here is that Attack Damage runes gives too much Attack Damage early on. It is too much cost effective.

15 AD. You do 3 autoattacks = 45 more damage. 45 more damage is too much. seriously think about it before downvoting me.

Tejesh

01-22-2013

I think this would be a better way of doing it:

Chain Vest: +45 armor
Builds out of: Cloth Armor (+15 armor; 300g) x 2
Cost: 600 + 120 combine cost = 720g

Zhonya's Hourglass
Needlessly Large Rod: +80 AP (1600)
Chain Vest: +45 armor
Amplifying Tome: +20 AP (435)

+120 AP, +50 Armor
Cost: 2755 + 445 combine cost = 3200g

ImYurpian

01-22-2013

ok if you start dorans or amp tome in mid then i can stop reading this post cause im having a hard time taking you serious. But you should really think about this: if you have more damage, but can never use your damage because you have no sustain and will maybe not win a trade, what is wrong with buying some defense and sustain, so you can actually use your damage? Especially as ap mid, your early damage is primarily being increased by levels, not by AP. If you can actually stay in the lane better, you have more damage

Crevox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImYurpian View Post
ok if you start dorans or amp tome in mid then i can stop reading this post cause im having a hard time taking you serious. But you should really think about this: if you have more damage, but can never use your damage because you have no sustain and will maybe not win a trade, what is wrong with buying some defense and sustain, so you can actually use your damage? Especially as ap mid, your early damage is primarily being increased by levels, not by AP. If you can actually stay in the lane better, you have more damage
Depending on your champion, you can attack without trading. Taking damage means you made a mistake. Defense and potions help to mitigate your mistakes and stay alive.

Nemo296

01-23-2013

I can't really see this being a good item due to an AP champion being mid and not usually needing armor. I can see a jungle may need this but they have Spirit of the Lizard for it instead of this.

I think this could be a better item, just reduce the cost and add it onto Zhonya's like the guy above me said.

Valeor

01-23-2013

You do realize this is for when ap mids are up Against ad mids right? And no jungler takes lizard anyway