Plate of the Warmage: Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeBonkers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

It builds out of the cloths so that you can start cloth + pots.

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

i think one reason riot changed zonya's was because, if you were getting owned in your lane, its really hard to build armour/ap to be able to fight back if you have no gold. they are both expensive items, and someone who is doing badly in lane most likely will only have 200-500 gold and waiting for 720 gold would hurt

Crevox

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidSkream View Post
It builds out of the cloths so that you can start cloth + pots.
That's the problem. This simply encourages a passive farm lane, and starting out full defensive decreases the likelihood of killing your opponent. It's not very fun or interesting for either side. It encourages bad gameplay and poor habits.

Crevox

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXCrazyBarksXx View Post
i think one reason riot changed zonya's was because, if you were getting owned in your lane, its really hard to build armour/ap to be able to fight back if you have no gold. they are both expensive items, and someone who is doing badly in lane most likely will only have 200-500 gold and waiting for 720 gold would hurt
This is true, and I think that's pretty much the only benefit of it... being able to do something with a Cloth Armor if you need to purchase one. Personally, I would be a bigger fan of being able to build Cloth Armor + Cloth Armor into Chain Vest, and then go from there.

Even still, if you build it cause you're taking too much physical damage, you have to pay MORE money for LESS armor than Chain Vest. The only way it becomes decent is if you stack it up fully, and that contradicts itself (you rush an item that needs growth to effectively counter when you need armor immediately?).

Crevox

01-20-2013

bump for interesting discussion

G4mb13

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
That's the problem. This simply encourages a passive farm lane, and starting out full defensive decreases the likelihood of killing your opponent. It's not very fun or interesting for either side. It encourages bad gameplay and poor habits.
My Vlad disagrees. Where I would normally start boots, I'll start armor, and ill still have 40ap out of the gate. You best be scared AD mids...

Ansaa

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbiter View Post
change the name because it sounds like plate of the warmogs
Maybe they named it like that on purpose xD

Crevox

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4mb13 View Post
My Vlad disagrees. Where I would normally start boots, I'll start armor, and ill still have 40ap out of the gate. You best be scared AD mids...
And you could have more. Ignore runes and masteries for the sake of the discussion, because if you wanted to, you could get armor runes/masteries and achieve a similar effect with an AP item.

We're talking about the starting items here, not runes and masteries.

drzombieface

Recruiter

01-20-2013

Riot's trying to be fancy by giving AP's a new item.

It didn't work. Keep Zhonya's Chain Vest/NLR or make PotW cheaper.

Still Eternity

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevox View Post

Riot's design for the item also helps to encourage a Cloth Armor + 5 potion setup against AD mids. Personally, I think encouraging Cloth Armor + Health Potions similarly encourages poor gameplay. This helps turn the lane into a passive lane, similar to starting with a null magic mantle+pots or flask+pots. This turns it into a farm lane, and discourages offensive trades/fights.
Then WTF are we supposed to start? Dorans?

All this "ooooh passive lane farm fest zzzzzzz" BS is really starting to tick me off. Are we so simple minded that we need to be beating each other over the head every time we see each other, and the best early game champion wins?

This is utter BS, and it completely detracts from an otherwise decent post. I don't, and will never agree with this opinion.