Constant 300+ Ping...help please?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zen The Stronk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

I've scoured the forum boards and I don't know what else to do, or where else to look. Up until this recent patch (that introduced the Kayle Legendary skin) I was getting steady green ping, usually around 70 or 80. Sure I had lad spikes but since the patch, it's been CONSTANT 300 and up ping.

Now I live in a building that provides wi-fi, and I'm on a very fixed income, so it wouldn't make sense to go pay for a separate internet connection when I already pay for it in my rent. But is this the "only" way that I will be able to fix this problem? It's so bad I can't even play ranked anymore.

I don't run any other programs when I run LoL, yes I have a laptop, but as I said before, I was perfectly fine until this Kayle skin patch. Is it a problem with the servers? Are there any settings I can change to help me? Because I love LoL, but I'm not going to pay for another internet connection, i'll just be forced to play with crappy ping in normals and customs.

HELP PLEASE????

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

Test your ping and download speeds here: http://www.pingtest.net/

Reply with the results. If the results look good, then the problem may be LoL specific possibly.

If the results look bad, however, then you'll have to upgrade your Internet service most likely.

For even better technical support, you can always contact RIOT SUPPORT.

DCVL

01-20-2013

Get better internet...seriously. You can't fix that. I could go in depth but the way wireless works tells me that that wifi access point is saturated with a butt load of collisions happening. Wifi out satellite internet are generally terrible for gaming. At least public Wi-Fi is. Too many users and weep knows what the bandwidth is on that. It's just something you gotta deal with

DCVL

01-20-2013

People could be running torrents. Your landlord could have down graded the buildings connection. A patch wouldn't only effect your ping and no one else though

Zen The Stronk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

i did the test and my ping result is 162 ms. I'll have to get my own connection won't I? I'm already on unemployment thanks guys.