Lux skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulevo

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Unless your name is Teemo, Garen, or Twisted Fate, the more skins you have, the less likely you get future skins. If Steel Legion Lux is released as-is, Lux won't get a good skin for a year or longer, so people who didn't like the skin will have to wait.

Either the people who like the skin will be left out, or the haters. And since Riot did an admirable job of splitting Lux's fanbase, they had no choice but to try again to make this skin appeal to a broader audience.

You go on about how thoughtless and entitled Lux fans are, but have you ever stopped to think about the flip side of the equasion? Why release a skin that half the fanbase hates, and then make us wait a year or more to get another one?

Better to try to appeal to both sides of this argument.
The "fanbase" hates? "Splitting?" Interesting choice of words.

You're basing this under the assumption that the vocal complaints posted on this forum solely comprise the entirety of half the people who enjoy and use Lux as a champion? Do you have proof to back this up? You seem to be fairly confident that the volume of people holding this opinion is relevant, and in your words, that's half the supposed fanbase. Can you prove this?

No.

Not only can't you do that, it's more likely the volume of complaints about the skin consists of a very marginal fraction of the playerbase. All this is is an accumulation of complaints by a fair number of posters notable enough to get noticed. It doesn't comprise half the people who play Lux as a champion, or even half the people who even like Lux. And this is exacerbated by the fact that anyone who would enjoy the idea of this skin, or anyone who didn't hear about this skin, didn't make the effort to post their opinions because their isn't a need to do so (unlike those who want to see the skin unreleased.)

I'm sorry, but even though you have valid points as to why you're disappointed with yet another military skin, you don't have valid points as to why throwing this skin away is a good idea, or why it will solve your problem sooner. Riot is already aware of the situation and the complaints as is. They can easily store a lot of these skins Lux has currently in to the vault to make way for new ones, and I'm sure that if they haven't taken the complains to heart and aren't currently working towards giving Lux fans a newer, different themed skin already, then canning this one isn't going to help that at all. And it's not going to make the players who DID want it any happier.

Sorrakka

01-20-2013

Meanwhile in Soraka land...no new skins on the horizon.

Ramanas

01-20-2013

Quote:
Unless your name is Teemo, Garen, or Twisted Fate, the more skins you have, the less likely you get future skins. If Steel Legion Lux is released as-is, Lux won't get a good skin for a year or longer, so people who didn't like the skin will have to wait.

Either the people who like the skin will be left out, or the haters. And since Riot did an admirable job of splitting Lux's fanbase, they had no choice but to try again to make this skin appeal to a broader audience.

You go on about how thoughtless and entitled Lux fans are, but have you ever stopped to think about the flip side of the equasion? Why release a skin that half the fanbase hates, and then make us wait a year or more to get another one?

Better to try to appeal to both sides of this argument.
Meanwhile Karma/Trundle/Sejuani are still sitting on their release skins, in the case of 2 of them for the last 2 years. So yes Lux fans, you are entitled.

And no, the skin was not a recolor of Commando. it wasn't even close to Commando aside from potentially esthetics. It's like the people who complained about it never actually saw the skin.

LegendaryCaoCao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Aes Sedai Lux plz

Sorrakka

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanas View Post
Meanwhile Karma/Trundle/Sejuani are still sitting on their release skins, in the case of 2 of them for the last 2 years. So yes Lux fans, you are entitled.

And no, the skin was not a recolor of Commando. it wasn't even close to Commando aside from potentially esthetics. It's like the people who complained about it never actually saw the skin.
Its not so much that its recolored, its just really similar. Its fully armored, which was the look of commando. Instead of being green its like grey. Its pretty easy to say its just a recolored. but obv its much nicer. Had commando nvr come out, it wouldnt be a problem now.

RavenHusky

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrakka View Post
Its not so much that its recolored, its just really similar. Its fully armored, which was the look of commando. Instead of being green its like grey. Its pretty easy to say its just a recolored. but obv its much nicer. Had commando nvr come out, it wouldnt be a problem now.
This. The skin is nice, but we already have two similar skins in the form of Commando and Imperial, when Riot could have done a lot of other things for a Lux skin.

The Ark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

should just scrap Commando lux and remake it. It looks like a green wetsuit. That's it.

Remake into something that looks like commander shepard plox.

Sorrakka

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ark View Post
should just scrap Commando lux and remake it. It looks like a green wetsuit. That's it.

Remake into something that looks like commander shepard plox.
I would actually prefer them just remaking commando instead of realeasing steel legion. Unfortunately I cant think of one example of riot changing a released skin, at least not significantly changing, without a full visual rework. I wouldnt mind some visual tweeks to lux, but i doubt its high on their to do list. Riot tends to send skins away to legacy land before fixing them.

SlumlordThanatos

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulevo View Post
The "fanbase" hates? "Splitting?" Interesting choice of words.

You're basing this under the assumption that the vocal complaints posted on this forum solely comprise the entirety of half the people who enjoy and use Lux as a champion? Do you have proof to back this up? You seem to be fairly confident that the volume of people holding this opinion is relevant, and in your words, that's half the supposed fanbase. Can you prove this?

No.

Not only can't you do that, it's more likely the volume of complaints about the skin consists of a very marginal fraction of the playerbase. All this is is an accumulation of complaints by a fair number of posters notable enough to get noticed. It doesn't comprise half the people who play Lux as a champion, or even half the people who even like Lux. And this is exacerbated by the fact that anyone who would enjoy the idea of this skin, or anyone who didn't hear about this skin, didn't make the effort to post their opinions because their isn't a need to do so (unlike those who want to see the skin unreleased.)

I'm sorry, but even though you have valid points as to why you're disappointed with yet another military skin, you don't have valid points as to why throwing this skin away is a good idea, or why it will solve your problem sooner. Riot is already aware of the situation and the complaints as is. They can easily store a lot of these skins Lux has currently in to the vault to make way for new ones, and I'm sure that if they haven't taken the complains to heart and aren't currently working towards giving Lux fans a newer, different themed skin already, then canning this one isn't going to help that at all. And it's not going to make the players who DID want it any happier.
Oh? I didn't point out why Riot's current plan for SLL isn't the best idea? Let me reiterate.

Quote:
If Steel Legion Lux is released as-is, Lux won't get a good skin for a year or longer, so people who didn't like the skin will have to wait.

So, either the people who like the skin will be left out, or the haters. And since Riot did an admirable job of splitting Lux's fanbase, they had no choice but to try again to make this skin appeal to a broader audience.

Why release a skin that half (and this is an estimate) of the fanbase hates, and then make the remainder wait a year or more to get another one?

Better to try to appeal to both sides of this argument, instead of only seeking to please one section of the fanbase and exclude the rest.
It's simple logic. You want your merchandise to appeal to as broad an audience as possible. And looking back on many of the threads on Steel Legion Lux, it doesn't appear as though it really does. I see more haters here on the forums than the fans. I could be wrong, since the forums are not a reliable way to gauge how much of the community likes it, and how much of the community hates it.

And considering the size of the threads bashing the skin, "half" is a conservative, hell, a generous estimate.

Don't bash me for having no proof as to how many people do and don't like Steel Legion Lux. You don't have any either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanas View Post
You want our skins? You can have them. I'm still gonna complain if skins are terrible, regardless of who they are released for.

Quote:
I never said it was recolor. In fact, I've stated that the skin was bulky, while Commando is more form-fitting. It rehashes the same theme and has a bland, boring color scheme, but that's where the similarities end.

Twillera

01-20-2013

Said no one ever.