Lux skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avedecus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrononumberXIII View Post
Lux fans outraged, (I didn't like it either) because she already has 2 "serious/military" skins. She doesn't need another skin like that.
To be fair, she IS a serious, military character.

Ulevo

01-20-2013

It amazes how me how thoughtless a lot of these Lux fans are.

You're not going to get another skin any sooner or later just because Steel Legion Lux is or isn't released. All you're doing by being loud mouth about how much you dislike it and don't want it released is ruining it for the people who DID want the skin.

If you want a more "appropriate" skin so badly, you should communicate that without pretending like canning a perfectly good one will solve your issues.

Sicksadpanda

01-20-2013

It's possible that they might end up recycling the skin by changing the color or something.

Vapeurs

01-20-2013

Its a terrible skin that nvr should of been designed. It is just a recolored comando skin with some significant particle changes. Slap nice particles on any other skin and it would of been 10,000 times better. If its not trashed, I'd be incredibly disapointed in Riot. Taking an overly girly champ and repeatedly giving her masculine macho manly ass skins that dont play up her theme at all. So what if she is in the military. At least half the champs are in the military of this world, yet none of them have nearly as much military themed skins. There is nothing about lux that screams military. Shes a flippen light mage, give her some magy looking skins.

SlumlordThanatos

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avedecus View Post
To be fair, she IS a serious, military character.
Maybe she is, according to her lore. But if you were to play her without knowing anything about her existing lore, she certainly wouldn't come across as a hardened special forces soldier. Maybe her /laugh might come across as a bit....manic, but her bubbly demeanor and her gasping about double rainbows points toward being a bright, 19-year-old light mage.

Her in-game personality and her lore clash heavily, which is a large part of the division between Lux fans over this skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
There was no official word on it yet, but with the reveal of Steel Legion Garen, Steel Legion Lux is most likely going to be released eventually, much to my dismay, and that of a lot of other Lux fans.
Ehhhhh.....I'm being cautiously optimistic. They pulled it to make changes because it was ugly. If they pull out the stops and make something awesome, I'd buy it.

But looking at Steel Legion Garen, if Lux's skin stays mostly the same just to stay in line with the theme, I will be tremendously disappointed.

Riot: Armor is alright, if, AND ONLY IF, it is well done and visually appealing. Your last attempt really wasn't, and didn't fit in with the character's theme.

Icker

01-20-2013

Riot got dominated by GD when Sleigh Belle Kat was changed- I think they probably backburner'd it for awhile to avoid causing another, similar, uproar of disapproval.

Sicksadpanda

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapeurs View Post
Its a terrible skin that nvr should of been designed. It is just a recolored comando skin with some significant particle changes. Slap nice particles on any other skin and it would of been 10,000 times better. If its not trashed, I'd be incredibly disapointed in Riot. Taking an overly girly champ and repeatedly giving her masculine macho manly ass skins that dont play up her theme at all. So what if she is in the military. At least half the champs are in the military of this world, yet none of them have nearly as much military themed skins. There is nothing about lux that screams military. Shes a flippen light mage, give her some magy looking skins.
I agree and disagree with you at the same time. Lux doesn't need to have a "girly" skin as she is part of the military. However, I will agree that her steel legion skin is very similar to Commando skin. Which is why I predict that Riot will probably recycle the skin, changing the color and keeping the animation (and most likely change the name).

Don Savik

01-20-2013

honeslty should've just announced Steel Leigion Garen at the same time so people would know its part of a theme.

Maybe the qq would've been less I think.

RavenHusky

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulevo View Post

You're not going to get another skin any sooner or later just because Steel Legion Lux is or isn't released. All you're doing by being loud mouth about how much you dislike it and don't want it released is ruining it for the people who DID want the skin.

If you want a more "appropriate" skin so badly, you should communicate that without pretending like canning a perfectly good one will solve your issues.
There have been many suggestions that have been made that Riot refuses to take us up on, whereas we have already had two military themed skins that weren't that well recieved, and it's like Riot expects us to like this third one.

If this skin is released, that would make 5 for Lux, and it we won't have another chance for a good skin for at least a year, and people have said that they are willing to wait a couple months for a skin that they are willing to buy should Steel Legion be scrapped.

Also, it doesn't have to be in reference to any anime, as there have been a good number of suggestions that have been given that aren't references to anime.

SlumlordThanatos

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulevo View Post

Unless your name is Teemo, Garen, or Twisted Fate, the more skins you have, the less likely you get future skins. If Steel Legion Lux is released as-is, Lux won't get a good skin for a year or longer, so people who didn't like the skin will have to wait.

Either the people who like the skin will be left out, or the haters. And since Riot did an admirable job of splitting Lux's fanbase, they had no choice but to try again to make this skin appeal to a broader audience.

You go on about how thoughtless and entitled Lux fans are, but have you ever stopped to think about the flip side of the equasion? Why release a skin that half the fanbase hates, and then make us wait a year or more to get another one?

Better to try to appeal to both sides of this argument.