I need help reforming myself.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreenHocker

01-22-2013

(I did not follow your link, these are just some general guide-lines)

First, remember that this is just a game. People get so worked up at every little mistake that others make, and all that does is distract you/the team from shaking it off.

Second, don't use all-chat unless you're offering the occasional "Nice move" or the end-game "gg wp"

Third, just don't use bad language that is directed towards your fellow players. The occasional swear hear-and-there is fine...but not if its being used to insult / demean someone. And definitely don't use racial slurs, (no matter what your upbringing was or what is acceptable with your friends in real life).

Fourth, just play the game and don't focus on typing. You have a better game when you do that

NanaMadHouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

what i try to do every time is apply this rule:
"dont play when you are using a potential in-game magnifier".. and you will ask, what the hell is a in-game magnifier?
you fight with your parents, friends, girlfriend, boyfriend even your pet? dont play
you got a terribad day in your school, work, home? dont play
what ever happens in the last two hours that make you less happy dont use LoL to try to get out of your rage/sadness/etc.
why? because you will play with mad mood, that mean you will play at 50% or less of your potential and that mean you will make mistakes at the same time you will see any.. and i say ANY mistake (yours or from your team mates) much bigger than it is. and you will be 100% ready to rage and rage in the very very bad way.

so if you have a magnifier on your mood, hang-out in the park, at your backyard on the cinema, call some friend.. what ever you think could make you feel better.. but dont play LoL or any online game where you can use the magnifier

hope you make some changes in your life i really really like you are trying. hope to see you in-game soon.

P.S i know is hard as hell man/girl.. i have some report on my history too.. no one is perfect, but that dont mean we can try to become one and be better every single day

Krampus Claus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer Bot View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6031673/#nogo I already am trying things like

-- Switching from Soda to Tea and water during a game.
-- Only go solo que if you really have to, otherwise duo.
-- If in a duo, get on skype. You can rage out loud with your best bud, but dont do it in chat.
-- Sometimes you can't pick your best role. If you cant play a role (aka I cant ADC), then just dodge. It's better to wait 30 mins then to be reported and banned.

Any other tips I can use?

I REALLY wanna change
Hey man, good to hear that you want to change. As a rager myself who uses a lot of these strategies (my friends can tell you how loud I can get/the colorful language I use over skype...), I can say that you are on the right track.

Before the game, try to get yourself in a good mood. Have a beer with some friends, watch something funny on youtube/netflix/actual television, have *** with your significant other. Do whatever it takes so that going into this game, you are less likely to rage.

During the game, always be mindful about what you post in chat BEFORE you do it. In the end, insulting your teammates only does two things: (1) tanks morale, thereby losing the game, and (2) gets you reported. Your goal in every game is to (1) win, and (2) not get reported, sent to the tribunal, then permabanned. So whenever you hit that enter key, take a deep breath and think to yourself "will telling Rengar that he's a piece of **** really help us win?" or, if you're REALLY ****ING MAD, "is this piece of **** Rengar really worth getting banned over?".

After a full game of not raging, especially when you really wanted to, CELEBRATE! Reward yourself for being the bigger person and not insulting your teammates! Go look through your collection of skins and champions and think "man, I'm glad that I don't get all of this taken away from me!", have another beer, go have *** again, then go tell your buddies about how this stupid ****ing Rengar single handedly lost you the game.

Similarly, make sure to take some time between games, especially when you just lost one. Take about half an hour to just do something else, and if it went really badly, then be prepared to just call it a night and turn off league.

Also, something that's started helping me, try using chat for positive communication with your team. This sounds silly, but getting used to using team chat to compliment your teammates, give them friendly advice, or reassure them after a lost teamfight/objective, will help break the habit of raging. Firstly, you'll find that your teammates overall play better, and even listen to you when you talk to them nicely. Second, it will put you in the mindset of being nice and helpful, which will reduce the likelihood that you will rage. Who knows, you might even get a ribbon out of it.

Ruff Scruffy

01-22-2013

The following link is a small video series done by gbay99 a 1900 elo player with some amazing in-sight on the fundamentals of league.

I would recommend his video's for anyone who would like to stop trolling or become an over all better player, or person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2HYn...fI1yMYoRjJ_x61

Lawyer Bot

01-23-2013

Sorry, I was gone for the day with work.

Than you ALL for the feedback, I will be reading each response individually.

If anyone else would like to chime in, please do!

Getsuei

01-23-2013

Here is a link to another reformed players post, you can try this if it helps.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post32610351

Cheshire Lunacy

01-24-2013

honestly. the best way to avoid angry comments or raging at someone for their mistakes is to know your triggers. what triggers you enough to make an angry statement or allcaps toxic rage at someone?

most people with anger management issues when learning to deal with how to controll their rage. first stop to look at what triggers them

how is a better way to deal with what triggered them.

how to rewire their brain to pick a diffrent responce to deel with said trigger.

when someone is angry it is because something has triggered that anger.

as we all know you can't always remove a trigger, but you can teach your self better ways of dealing with the trigger.

honestly i look at people who rage in games like lol and wonder how they are in rl situtions. and whether some anger management could perhaps benifit them.

sometimes people just get ragefilled because theyve been up since dawn to dawn they have are no longer really able to deel with stress

or they have put a little more energy into a game then worth it

learn to either avoid your triggers if thats not possible learn how to deal with your triggers. after all anger is a natural emotion. your gonna feel it one way or another. its how you act upon that anger that is the kicker.

Cheshire Lunacy

01-24-2013

also learn to deal with life as it is, a cosmic joke. laugh when you are angry even a completely facticious laugh can stem the tides of an inferno rage fest

there is a reason in a lot of anger management classess the couciller will have the group do things like laughing excercises

when you laugh even fake laughs will reduce a great deal of stress hormones from you.

when something is got you supper flippidy scared laughter will put you into a diffrent mode.

laughter (and yes *** or self stimulation) removes a great deal of stress from ones livelyhood

a lot of 40k companies that have a great deal of workload and stress load have taken to bringing laughter into the buisness model, laughter is the medicen that will cure the world.

just keep chaco away from me please cause seriously i am a child of the 90's clo9wns havent been the same since the thing

Interceptor09

01-25-2013

op you may just need a break away from LoL. take a month off w/o playing. come back refreshed and with an appreciation for the game.

and think about it, berating people in a video game chatbox is pretty sad. no matter what the circumstances. you dont want to be one of those people do you?

self reflection and perspective. personal insults and video game rage are indicative or low self esteem or anger issues, or any number of other undesirable character flaws.

its ok to get irritated or frustrated. its not ok to abuse people over a game. and when you participate in that stupidity, you are one of them.

n00bsause

01-25-2013

OK on this... it falls under the category i put in my post about tribunal.. its time to stop banning players for anything in chat and for the community to grow up and learn to use the ignore function.
I have played since beta and trash talk has been around since before i started its part of any game including professional sports, its only here recently that players have been babied to the point that saying GG in chat will get you a report and its just insane. The community is only doing so because of the ease of getting players banned.. stop banning for chat and grow up, click ignore and move on with your life like the rest of the world.