I need help reforming myself.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lawyer Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6031673/#nogo

This is not a pity party post. I am at fault. I need help.

I admit, I deserve the ban. I talked down to my teammates and spoke in all chat when I didn't need to.

I am currently on my 2nd "2-week" ban. I hear the next one is perma.

I want to change. I have been with the community/game since 2009. I like this game.

I need to know some tips and tricks i can use IRL to help me contain my "trollyness", my "harsh words", etc.

I have never been banned from any game before, and I have become acustomed to my own behavior. But I need and want to change.

Any help GD? I already am trying things like

-- Switching from Soda to Tea and water during a game.
-- Only go solo que if you really have to, otherwise duo.
-- If in a duo, get on skype. You can rage out loud with your best bud, but dont do it in chat.
-- Sometimes you can't pick your best role. If you cant play a role (aka I cant ADC), then just dodge. It's better to wait 30 mins then to be reported and banned.

Any other tips I can use?

I REALLY wanna change

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

your link is broken
here
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6031673/

Kinvaras666

01-20-2013

As for the tips...

here is the thing: People have bad games, everyone, including you.
So, people already feel bad when they are doing badly, don't you?

Saying "gg", "omg 1/4", "dont puss out" and so. What does this help with?
You are making someone, who is already doing bad and feeling bad, to feel even worse.
That's negative attitude, and it loses games, because said person will do even worse if you keep that up.

So, you can either try to cheer that person up and give advice, which will more likely make him perform better (if they are willing to).
Or you can simply say nothing, and at least not make the situation worse.

The rule of the thumb is: If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

I know sometimes it is frustrating the kind of things people do.
But, if you know exactly what they did wrong, then you know what they should have done, or how to do right the next time, so why not?

Sure, you might be feeling too angry to help someone, in these cases, it is better to just remain silent.

YoshioPeePee

01-20-2013

i tend to use "we" alot when telling allies what they should or should not be doing, even if its just one player that is the problem, it keeps people from getting defensive and makes you look more like a team player and reasonable guy to both people on your own team and outside observers

"ok guys we need to stop chasing people into enemy jungle alone"

"we need to ward"

try not to single out people and call them bad when they do dumb stuff

Bad Player

01-20-2013

Don't press the enter key.

Ever.

(...except for "mia" and timers.)

Quenthal

01-20-2013

Step 1: Find someone you are attracted to.
Step 2: Ask them if they want to have consensual *** with you.
Step 3: Pay, or thank them.
Step 4: Play league.

If you are still having problems after following this guide, repeat steps 1-3 a few times. If you are still having this problem after, grow up. It's just a game.

Hahaha. Down voted because having *** is out of reach by a few people XD

Rueian

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quenthal View Post
Step 1: Find someone you are attracted to.
Step 2: Ask them if they want to have consensual *** with you.
Step 3: Pay, or thank them.
Step 4: Play league.

If you are still having problems after following this guide, repeat steps 1-3 a few times. If you are still having this problem after, grow up. It's just a game.
you need to realize when you are trying to play to win and when you are continually placed with teams you do not share synergy with. The game becomes stressful and becomes far from any kind of form of enjoyment.

Nothing in your post is remotely helpful. Go tell pro League players who get angry with their losses that its just a game. Better yet, go tell pro athletes that their lively hood is just a game. People become passionate and emotional, doesn't have to do with growing up.

ItsJustPain

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer Bot View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6031673/#nogo

This is not a pity party post. I am at fault. I need help.

I admit, I deserve the ban. I talked down to my teammates and spoke in all chat when I didn't need to.

I am currently on my 2nd "2-week" ban. I hear the next one is perma.

I want to change. I have been with the community/game since 2009. I like this game.

I need to know some tips and tricks i can use IRL to help me contain my "trollyness", my "harsh words", etc.

I have never been banned from any game before, and I have become acustomed to my own behavior. But I need and want to change.

Any help GD? I already am trying things like

-- Switching from Soda to Tea and water during a game.
-- Only go solo que if you really have to, otherwise duo.
-- If in a duo, get on skype. You can rage out loud with your best bud, but dont do it in chat.
-- Sometimes you can't pick your best role. If you cant play a role (aka I cant ADC), then just dodge. It's better to wait 30 mins then to be reported and banned.

Any other tips I can use?

I REALLY wanna change

I suggest you get off this game for a while and do something in real life
something like
hang out with your friends

you know get off the tv or computers

I don't know nothing about you
but getting mad over a game and lossing your temper is not fun for you or others

Quenthal

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rueian View Post
you need to realize when you are trying to play to win and when you are continually placed with teams you do not share synergy with. The game becomes stressful and becomes far from any kind of form of enjoyment.

Nothing in your post is remotely helpful. Go tell pro League players who get angry with their losses that its just a game. Better yet, go tell pro athletes that their lively hood is just a game. People become passionate and emotional, doesn't have to do with growing up.
You are completely right. I should have said "Don't be an ******. Didn't your parents raise you better than that?"

It is one thing to be angry. Being angry isn't what I was commenting on. You can be angry and not be a ******, thus the grow up part.

I forgot though. I'm talking to the league community.

Tactictoe

01-22-2013

TBH I can't believe these cases resulted in a ban. People need to get a spine. If this get's you a ban Riot will soon have no one left to buy their skins!