Cass Mid vs Jarvan

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AndurilWielder

04-25-2013

So I just played a game as Cassiopeia, and first off I'm not a terrible player. Even when I loose games most of the time I do at least moderately well.

Aside from that...the match was horrid. Jarvan came into mid right in the beginning at level 2. I proceeded to poke, fall back, but he closed distance really quick- I tried to flash out but he got me anyway, went to level 3, then killed the rest of my minions, got to level 4 immediately afteward, and then destroyed my turret. In one fell swoop.

I have no idea how to counter this. I tried building up ninja tabi instead of sorc boots, which helped a bit, but he still had 80 armor and 70 MR at that level, and nearly 200 AD. on top of that his abilities just caused him to carry the game and push way too easily...

Madraac

04-26-2013

When you are getting pushed, at early levels... it is not a bad idea to farm from under your tower. Cass is good at this due to her AOE abilities and spamming if needed to secure gold. You should have been able to harass okay enough, but you have to be careful as Jarvan does have a quick engage.

Not knowing how you built Cass, I would have recommended going for a Zhonya's first for early defense against AD, or a ROA so you could at least get the extra HP/AP and sustain upon leveling.

Also, to get better at harassing and Cass in general, you almost have to use smart casting so you can chain your spells together. In the end, you may have just gone up against a player who only plays Jarvan and you would have been at a severe disadvantage due to his character knowledge compared to yours.

AndurilWielder

04-26-2013

The game was over before I even get dat hourglass. It has 120 AP, and 50 Armor I believe...cant remember what it's passive is. If it has one. The game was over so quick that I only got boots, pot, phil stone, and blasting rod XD. Still, I'm always looking for ways to improve, and will try to keep what you said in mind.

By ROA you mean that rod that gives mana, health, and ability power?

As for smart casting, I'm only aware of it's benefits for self-buffing.

doomed2death

04-26-2013

You shouldn't have bought Philosopher's stone (it takes way too long to cover its price) or blasting rod. Rush straight for a Zhonya's. You can use it when he hits you with his ultimate so the lockdown is almost useless. Also, the armor will help.

Buy Ninja Tabi too. That really should be enough for laning. As long as your positioning is good, you shouldn't die too often to J4 and you'll manage.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

When j4 tries to knock you up, it is really easy to just put the slow on your feet and kite backward (after level 4)

J4 lacks the ability to chase you down, while you have speed buff from Q and higher sustain damage. All that matter is that you don't keep getting hit by him and make good use of the 6-7 seconds when he doesn't have his knock up combo up.

AndurilWielder

04-26-2013

RIght, so ninja tabi was a good idea. I was going to get needlessly large rod, since that builds into zhonya's deathfire or rabadon, but didn't have the funds at the moment, and i desperately wanted the extra AP. you're saying I just should have waited?

So if he misses his combo, take advantage of those 6 seconds, I take it.

Also, q can be hard because that requires cass to physically turn around, which takes time he could spend playing catch-up. I suppose use it when his ability isn't ready so you can run from him? Unfortunately I don't use ghost much.

doomed2death

04-26-2013

Start with a Seeker's armguard. Then go for Rod.