What lane is better as Akali?

Top 10 31.25%
Middle 22 68.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Tips for Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lykanis

01-20-2013

Hello. On summoners rift I need some tips on how to build/play Akali as a Top or Middle champion. Please include all details. Thank you .

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

I've just started playing Akali some myself. If you're interested in learning how to play Akali as a top laner, Voyboy actually plays her somewhat regularly in top lane on his stream.

Lykanis

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
I've just started playing Akali some myself. If you're interested in learning how to play Akali as a top laner, Voyboy actually plays her somewhat regularly in top lane on his stream.

I will contact him then. Thanks.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

Uh.... lol... good luck contacting him... he's Team Curse's top laner. Probably the best top NA.

However, he's a featured LoL streamer
http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...treamer/voyboy

FlashGenius

01-20-2013

Personally, I would say mid because if she gets fed, she can roam and own face everywhere.

Btw, person above me, Dyrus all the way.

10thVangola

01-20-2013

I like her either or. shes good in both lanes, when i played with this account i was 60% win ratio with her avg 11.4 kills 5.4 deaths and 7.5 assist. shes a good player, you just need the tank ( a really good one like malph, garen, ali, galio (the way i play him ), leona, you know a tank that can silence, taunt, pop up, and then as akali u get ur ass to adc and tear him a new one then W the hell out to safty after u kill him, then jump right back in so you arent focused and kill them =)

TSL Penetrator

01-20-2013

Hello,

I main Akali in normals. she is VERY easily countered in Ranked matches I find, though with the right team comp for your opponents, any champ can be countered simply by smart conservative gameplay. Anyway, Akali, all damage comes from her Q. The shroud is mainly for escapes and jukes, however, a neat thing is the MR and Armor boost you recieve while in it, and also the slow enemies get when running through it. Dropping your shroud lowers the damage on say a Karthus ult, and has made the life/death difference in a lot of instances. I like the combo Q+R+E+basic attack+E. That does the most damage in the shortest time, accounting for all you cooldowns as well. Standard AP rune build works terrific. I mid with her 90% of the time. I take Hextech revolver first for the spell vamp, then if i'm doing work i'll pick up a deathcap. If laning phase is still on at this point, ill hit Rylai's. followed by Lich bane. These items are the staple. I then finish the gunblade, and choose between Zhonya's. GA or the abyssal scepter/void staff depending on opposing team comp. But Hextech, Rylai's Deathcap are the staples. with Magic Pen or Merc's boots. I find myself doing exceptionally well solo normal in mid lane about 85-90% of the time. She is a nasty champ! Best of luck to you!

ROOFIECOPTER

01-21-2013

My Akali this season has a 11-5-7kda and 75% win rate out of 24 games.

I run 30/0/0 masteries, and flat ap/ad runes.

The best team comp to take akali with, I find, is generally a strong engage team. If your team can lock onto one of tgeir carries, akali takes full advantage of it. So communicate this to your team in queue.

I start longsword and 2 pots. Go to hextech revolver, boots, and upgrade revolver to gunblade. After that I rush deathcap, then ga. T2 boots can be bought any time you feel you need them. Other items to get are situational. Rageblade, lich, dfg, zhonyas, ect. Generally just get as much ap as possible.

When I start laning and I'm vs a ranged mid, (Only go mid Akali. Mids are easier to snowball against than bruisers, and roaming to other lanes is quicker) I take shroud level 1.. just so I don't get zoned from auto attacks and can still farm. After that, priority is r > q > e > w.

What you want to do is just farm until 6, but if your opponent gets close, q > e chunks quite a lot of damage early, and you win trades because of your passive spell vamp.

When you reach level 6, you can put a lot of pressure on your lane. r >hextech>q>e does a ton of damage. On top of that, you should be roaming and helping lanes when you can. Akali ganks can be very strong and completely snowball lanes.

Lykanis

01-22-2013

Ok. Thanks I will try that.