Rate my build!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDangler78

01-20-2013

This is my level 12 Tanky Darius build for Summoner's Rift. What do you guys think of it? What should I improve/add, etc. Give me any tips you can guys. Thanks.
http://leaguecraft.com/lnk/dS4

BardanJusik

01-20-2013

Pretty good build. And as a suggestion you might want to add a guardian's depending on how much you die.

Boagster

01-20-2013

I'd only grab The Black Cleaver if the enemies are building armor. If they aren't, you won't see too much use out of it. Other items I'd build instead of BC in different situations:

Enemy team stacking HP? Build Blade of the Ruined King instead.
Enemy team AP heavy? Build Maw of Malmortius instead.
Enemy team AD heavy? Atma's Impaler. Goes well with the Warmog's and Frozen Mallet you already have and gets you some armor to make your HP that much more effective.
Absolutely ahead and want even more teamfight destroying power? Tiamat into Ravenous Hydra might work.

I would suggest that you stop buying runes, though. Save your money until you can buy Greater runes, as they are the only ones you ever want after that point.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

All sorts of bad for a lot of reasons.

On your runes, you should take attack damage marks, armor yellows, and magic resist blues. I understand that you're going for a tanky build, but the attack damage marks are going to help you get a lot of CS which will help you build a lot tankier than simply having a little bit of health on your runes.

Moreover, for the blues and yellows, armor and magic resist tends to be more valuable at lower levels.

As for your masteries... you're stacking health in runes, and going down the defensive tree, but you're avoiding Durability and Veteran's Scars. These masteries are extraordinarily strong, and if you're going to prioritize the defensive tree, you need points in these masteries.

Now, for your abilities... I haven't played with Darius myself to know off hand which ability should be maximized first, but, I can make some more generalized comments about your leveling pattern.

First off, you delay taking the first point in Darius' ult until level 8. There are champions with weaker than average ultimate abilities, but even on these champions, I can't justify delaying putting a point in my ultimate. Darius, however, has a stronger than average ultimate. I'd never even consider under any circumstances delaying a point in this ability. You need to be leveling Darius's R at level 6, 11, and 18.

Now, as for his other abilities, here's the thing. There's a pattern with all champions. The quickest you can max out an ability is level 9. The quickest you can max out your second ability it level 13, and then your last ability is obviously always maxed at level 18.

You should pretty much always be maxing out abilities as early as possible. Pick out your best ability and aim to have it maxed by 9. Pick out the second best, and aim to have it maxed at 13. And you really shouldn't have more than one point in your worst ability before level 14.

And with relatively few exceptions, you're going to want to have at least one point in each ability at level 3 or 4. Waiting till 5 isn't generally very effective. The only exception I can think of off hand is support Nunu, and he can delay his Q till level 8 if he so chooses.

So, long story short, a better leveling pattern for Darius would look more like this:

Q, W, Q, E, Q, R, Q, W, Q (level 9, Q maxed),
W, R, W, W (level 13, W maxed),
E, E, R, E, E

As for your item build, don't forget to include boots... and if you're going to build that much health, I'd certainly consider building Atma's Impaler.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
Atma's Impaler. Goes well with the Warmog's and Frozen Heart
He meant Frozen Mallet.

And given that Darius has passive armor penetration on his E, Black Cleaver is actually a pretty good build on Darius. You can quickly get to True Damage on Darius. Plus, you really shouldn't be asking your ADC to build Black Cleaver, but by carrying it on Darius as a bruiser, you shred some armor off your opponents (even if they've just got base armor) and it makes your ADC teammate a little more effective.

Boagster

01-20-2013

Fixed, Pogo.

TheDangler78

01-20-2013

http://leaguecraft.com/lnk/lT4
Updated build. Changed masteries to focus on Durability/Veteran's Scars. BTW my marks are Tier 1 because for some reason the Tier 2 marks aren't showing up on LeagueCraft. Also I'm not sure if that's the exact amount of runes I have, just a guesstimate for my level lol. Also, added a few Armor runes. Thanks a lot for the tips guys!

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

As someone else suggested, I'd emphasize not wasting IP on runes until you get to level 20 and can buy the tier 3 runes.

At level 12, however, you should have 4 reds, 4 yellows, 3 blues, and 1 quint.

As for your masteries, I'd build them this way...

4 in Durability
3 in Toughness, 3 in Resistance
1 in Veteran's Scars
1 Unyielding

Like I said about the masteries, AD reds, armor yellows, and MR blues.