Warwick is bad, here some of the many reasons why

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenstick

01-20-2013

He is a top-notch counter-jungler, especially with the new way the jungle works.

He also deals consistent damage and can tank pretty well.

He could use some love on his W and E though. His E should at the very least grant true vision...

Frizzy350

01-20-2013

Honestly I think he's pretty good in S3. Most junglers right now have terrible gank presence pre-6 just due to the difficulty of the new jungle. You can actually bully the enemy jungler with WW since his health is never low and WW's late game is incredibly stupid if the enemy doesn't focus you 100%.

questir

01-21-2013

questir

01-21-2013

questir

01-21-2013

SiKkNdTwiSt3D

01-21-2013

Bump ww rework would be sweeeeeeet

Reedeemer

01-21-2013

Well, not to say i'm pro, 1600-1700 elo back in the days. And recently i play WW in jungle if i go there. And i have like 80% winrate out of ~15 games. Not much games but consistent result. I'm totally sure i was not got carried.

yes, he rarely pulls out pre-6 gank, but post 6 ganks is just free kill 50% of time, and 30% still kill, but not so free. His E while sounds circumstantial and somewhat bad provided me like 10%-20% of my kills in gank situations which i or my team could not get otherwise. (i maxing it second) And lategame he is still really good fighter. 80% as steroid for himself and 40% teamwide. Anyone can call this skill not top-tier? And ult in teamfights really good since you can lock overly important target easily. like fed carry. Or kill highly mobile char like akali or kass with ease.

Xanthalis

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageRengar NA View Post
Warwick's kit is super outdated and he needs a rework. Two of his skills are more or less useless:

His W is basically a 'jungle only' ability as it doesn't offer much in lane or in ganks. It has some utility late-game when you can get it on your ADC, but even then, Nunu's bloodboil is much more useful and 'satisfying'.

His E is really bad. Like, really really bad. First off, it doesn't even show stealthed champs (wtf?). Secondly, this skill itself is a relic of an old game. It's a skill that requires the enemy to be at a certain % of health and then gives you... vision and a MS buff. Okay, and...?

E is super conditional to begin with, and even when the conditions are met, what can you do with it? It's not like WW can -do- anything after chasing you with his E on. He can Q you, but that's about it.

I mean, WW's Q and R are great. It's just his W and E, really; they don't fit in with the game as it is right now. His kit was perfectly fine when there were only a handful of champs in the game. But as the game grew, and with each champion release, WW's kit started to become more and more silly.
I'm an old school WW main. First main, first jungler, first champ that really made me want to keep playing League. I agree with most of the above. He's outdated and out classed.

I mostly like his W, I think just a passive would help a lot. With 40% CDR it's up all the time and combined with his passive he has a built in mini Wit's End, but that takes time.

His E is in a bad spot. It is completely conditional and when that condition isn't met he gains absolutely no benefit from the ability. That is totally inconsistent with current champ design.

Also many, if not most, new champs have a lot of utility packed into one ability. Skarner has a move speed, atk spd and shield ability. Shyvana has a move speed and AoE dmg. Her E is dmg and armor reduction. Skarners is damage and sustain. Most champs have something like this or some kind of condition for skill in order to improve the ability (Ahri's Q on the return does true dmg for example). WW has nothing like this. His W does one thing. His E gives vision as well as move, but again is conditionally useless.

His E needs an active. Maybe an on demand burst of speed, some kind of raging wolf leap or something.

Also, since he only has 1 ability to depend on for damage, getting max CDR is essential on him. Building almost all tanky is as well since he can only derp around melee between Q's and his ult surpresses him as long as it surpresses the target. I won't say this is a huge problem, but I feel his builds are limited. I've always thought AD felt bad on him as only his ult scales on bonus AD but still does magic damage. Also, it's difficult to get magic pen without building AP on him which doesn't feel great to buy either.

Hunger Beast

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthalis View Post
I'm an old school WW main. First main, first jungler, first champ that really made me want to keep playing League. I agree with most of the above. He's outdated and out classed.

I mostly like his W, I think just a passive would help a lot. With 40% CDR it's up all the time and combined with his passive he has a built in mini Wit's End, but that takes time.

His E is in a bad spot. It is completely conditional and when that condition isn't met he gains absolutely no benefit from the ability. That is totally inconsistent with current champ design.

Also many, if not most, new champs have a lot of utility packed into one ability. Skarner has a move speed, atk spd and shield ability. Shyvana has a move speed and AoE dmg. Her E is dmg and armor reduction. Skarners is damage and sustain. Most champs have something like this or some kind of condition for skill in order to improve the ability (Ahri's Q on the return does true dmg for example). WW has nothing like this. His W does one thing. His E gives vision as well as move, but again is conditionally useless.

His E needs an active. Maybe an on demand burst of speed, some kind of raging wolf leap or something.

Also, since he only has 1 ability to depend on for damage, getting max CDR is essential on him. Building almost all tanky is as well since he can only derp around melee between Q's and his ult surpresses him as long as it surpresses the target. I won't say this is a huge problem, but I feel his builds are limited. I've always thought AD felt bad on him as only his ult scales on bonus AD but still does magic damage. Also, it's difficult to get magic pen without building AP on him which doesn't feel great to buy either.
Essentially this. As a Warwick player I'm finally gonna cave because I feel he needs attention. This is already Season 3 and his W and E have only one effect when current released champions like Elise or even older ones like Lee have multiple effects for varied situations.

I love my attack speed, I love my conditional move speed, but Warwick is capable of so much more. You could totally change his kit to have a subtle complexity, so that he actually has a presence in teamfights beyond his ultimate. Think in terms of Nautilus for example: just like how with his CC and maneuvers he can pull or knock people up, Warwick could possess so much more "physicality" all while still maintaining the essential trademarks he's always had like chasing people down and buffing his attack speed.

Warwick's kit is a great foundation: now go make it awesome and worthy of a champion that might be released in 2013.

ArmedRagnarok

01-21-2013

bump. ww needs some love man