Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do not nerf yi/shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IllogicalBubble

01-29-2013

Quote:
Godly6R:
Didn't think I would live long enough to see a Yi nerf...
Anyway 4-1.2 ratio is way too much. Change it to 2.3 at most

That i know of, the latest is that they are putting it at 2.0 and the Base healing is going up with the channel at 3 seconds

xVerkaa

01-29-2013

The Shaco nerf is extremely unbalanced, Now the decieve nerf is good enough to stop Shaco's early game presence simply because he now can't Q from a brush and be right behind the target, but now the Shaco player will have to plan out and wait for the enemy to come in optimal range.

What really gets me is the E, the slow is his only CC for a gank reason, the Shaco boxes are for simply jungling and warding/escapes. It isn't viable to place the box behind the enemy and since his Q range has been decreased it will be even harder to better place a Shaco box enough so that it will proc on the enemy, but compared to the other main junglers, they will simply escape a Shaco gank unless the person you ganked has CC. What you possibly can do though is increase the E cool down for earlier levels, so that it isn't a "permanent" slow.

These are my own opinions on the nerf, another thing is. You release a new skin for Shaco, but you may completely destroy the only reason to play Shaco, making the people that purchased the skin feel left out in which they got a skin for a champion they may never use again! (That how it will be for me if the nerf doesn't get changed in a more balanced way).

Astebreed

01-29-2013

Yi need's an ap nerf on his Q, this is so ridiculous if he goes ap yi mid, most champs can't counter him and it's so annoying that he can spam it when it reaches max level and he has little to no risk on using it since it hits 3 other units.

WalkingCrypt

01-29-2013

changes should be made and I trust that riot has a good idea what they need to be but until they are tested which more then likely will be done before they get applied to the actual game. Though changes really aren't that important when we are talking about two champs each of which is viable but not to the point where they are the tide turners in any game like with most games a well rounded team can over turn any one champ.

Blood D Pudding

01-31-2013

Quote:
xVerkaa:

These are my own opinions on the nerf, another thing is. You release a new skin for Shaco, but you may completely destroy the only reason to play Shaco, making the people that purchased the skin feel left out in which they got a skin for a champion they may never use again!

This is exactly what happened to me, it just feels like a dirty marketing trick, especially how the skin's release was delayed hence creating more hype. They knew the nerf was coming in advance, no?

It really discourages you from buying skins.

CartoonMad

01-31-2013

Those who think shaco does not need a nerf obviously have no idea how op he can be as a AD bruiser.

And Yi as a hybrid is just as Powerful.

Simply this is most likely the reasons of the nerfs.

I Rock Ths

Recruiter

01-31-2013

All I see in this thread is whine whine whine my favorite champions are being made less OP and I want easy wins.

Also shouldn't this topic be in GD?

CallMeTaste

01-31-2013

A well-played Yi in Dominion is a terror.

Malza

Recruiter

01-31-2013

Quote:
Solcrushed:
Hmm, the channel on Meditate should be 3 seconds now, making it a better spell for AD Yi. I'm assuming this is a tooltip bug, I'll fix it tomorrow when I get in.

Shouldn't this have gone in with the new patch?