Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do not nerf yi/shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pluckin Penguin

01-20-2013

Quote:
Koolich:
Good response! The nerfs to Shaco are 1) Q loses goes from 500 to 400 range, and 2) E loses the passive slow but gains the passive blind on non-champions regardless of whether E is on cool-down or not; furthemore, the active slow on E has been increased from 2 to 3 seconds.

Personally, I think there are ways to nerf Shaco's early game without harming his mid-late game. They should make his deceive range scale up with level instead of it being a flat nerf. Same goes with his E.

Regardless, I feel more people will resort to split pushing now since their ability to win by snowballing their allies early game is being reduced; not to mention that this doesn't help Shaco's already... weak... team fighting presence.

Shaco excelled during his early-mid game. He wasn't one of the junglers who necessarily needed red to properly gank. He was one of the few who didn't need it. The Deceive nerf honestly isn't too big of a deal. However, the removal of his passive slow is kind of not necessary. He has no form of reliable crowd control other than a ranged 3 second slow nuke. It's pretty silly. He loses some of his assassination potential from this.

Kaliphear

01-20-2013

While we are on the subject, please revert the change to Blitzcrank's base mana. It was unneeded.

50West

01-20-2013

Quote:
Koolich:
Good response! The nerfs to Shaco are 1) Q loses goes from 500 to 400 range, and 2) E loses the passive slow but gains the passive blind on non-champions regardless of whether E is on cool-down or not; furthemore, the active slow on E has been increased from 2 to 3 seconds.

Personally, I think there are ways to nerf Shaco's early game without harming his mid-late game. They should make his deceive range scale up with level instead of it being a flat nerf. Same goes with his E.

Regardless, I feel more people will resort to split pushing now since their ability to win by snowballing their allies early game is being reduced; not to mention that this doesn't help Shaco's already... weak... team fighting presence.

The changes to his E will give people no reason to play him. You take away from his early game and ganking power and what is he left with? Making the passive on E work when E is on CD will only give him more sustain in the jungle, but what good does that do? Shaco doesn't need sustain and he doesn't sit there and farm the jungle for it be a real benefit. I understand that the changes aren't official or if they will even make it to live but I honestly don't understand where Riot is coming from with this.

Being that Shaco's late game and teamfighting capabilities are horrid, and you now take away his early ganking power, why on earth would you play Shaco anymore? He will be outclassed by practically everyone AND you can pick someone that at least has SOME synergies with a typical team comp.

I was going to buy Masked Shaco too. Guess that makes that decision easier.

DJANGO UNCHAINED

01-20-2013

Quote:
Albino Parakeet:
Master Yi not viable? If I'm not mistaken he was played by M5 and got a pentakill.

If I'm not mistaken, Alex Ich is a pro player and they picked Master Yi in the right teamcomp.

He is a situational champion that works only when certain conditions are met.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

01-20-2013

Quote:
Pluckin Penguin:
I think they shouldn't have nerfed the base health, but rather the AP Ratio. I mean this is a nerf to all forms of Yi. People may be focusing on AP Yi right now, but AD Yi is still around.

Hmm, the channel on Meditate should be 3 seconds now, making it a better spell for AD Yi. I'm assuming this is a tooltip bug, I'll fix it tomorrow when I get in.

RogerTheQ Dodger

01-20-2013

Sol y nerf shaco tho =(

Dementation

01-20-2013

Quote:
Solcrushed:
Hmm, the channel on Meditate should be 3 seconds now, making it a better spell for AD Yi. I'm assuming this is a tooltip bug, I'll fix it tomorrow when I get in.

What about the unnecessary Shaco E nerf? Anyone can escape a 30% slow.

Kagami

01-20-2013

Quote:
Lína Inverse:
Yi needs it, it is nigh-impossible to lose lane as AP Yi unless you have some form of mental retardation.

Shaco though? That just screams of Riot catering to ****lords who can't understand that 24/7 pushing to someone's tower is a bad thing when you don't ward.

Quote:
dafedidi:
The nerfs on Yi are OK

But nerfs for Shaco are way over the top !

Shaco has a constant 54%+ win rate in ranked (56-58% in gold/plat) while Yi has a 49% win rate, he needs the nerfs.

Dementation

01-20-2013

Quote:
Kagami:
Shaco has a constant 54%+ win rate in ranked (56-58% in gold/plat) while Yi has a 49% win rate, he needs the nerfs.

What you don't know is that those players MAIN Shaco. They master him, they probably know every damn trick there is to Shaco. Can you go into a game and just completely stomp in a game with Shaco? Most likely not. Those statistics don't mean shit when it's just the pro Shaco players.

Guardman

01-20-2013

The whole problem with the Yi nerf is that it hurts the whole reason to pick AP Yi his laning phase. You pick him because you are betting you will be able to gain enough of an advantage via laning (and some roaming) that their mid will be at a disadvantage during the mid game allowing your team to take advantage of it. He really has little else going for him in that regards. His teamfighting is lackluster as he is really only useful in cleaning up and provides no CC. And as AP his split pushing is lackluster.

If Riot feels they must make this change then at least buff AP Yi in another area.