Banned even though...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyotaimori

01-23-2013

Mute isn't a long term solution. It's a temporary band-aid fix until offending players are dealt with properly and suspended or permanently banned. It's been said about a billion times.

Nyotaimori

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoFingers View Post
My favorite thing about it all...

there's a taunt emote for all champions, yet we can't talk trash in game.

It's a competition, and in solo queue ranked games where fresh level 30's join and keep me in elo hell, it's pretty fair to say that i'm allowed to bad mouth them and give them a bad experience because they have given me one as well.

Riot makes no sense with rules.
Go say "I'll drink you under the table, scrub" to someone. I can almost guarantee you aren't going to get reported.

The champions have fun taunts, **** talking from player to player is completely different.

Also I'd like to say, all players gradually rise or sink to their proper Elo. There is literally no such thing as someone who "isn't ready for ranked" because there's an Elo range for every player. Stop being ignorant.

170 Calories

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouncar View Post
I just want to make something absolutely clear for Riot..

You have TWO ingame functions that restricts bad language.

1. You have an INGAME mute button.
2. You have an INGAME profanity filter.

On this side of the world (New Zealand) we swear all the freakin time.
Its apart of our culture.

SO... WHY am I getting banned for foul language when you have 2 ingame functions?
Hmmm?

Your answer will be something along the lines of.. If you read our summoners code rant rant rant... Don't care, if I'm still getting banned for foul language remove these ingame functions because CLEARLY they are useless.

tl;dr ingame functions (mute/prof filter) are useless, still getting reported for foul language
They actually have three
1. Profanity filter
2. Mute
3. Report

Xianio

01-23-2013

You can talk trash. You can swear. You can do a LOT of things in this game without any form of punishment AT ALL.

Yet you know what you can't do? All of what I just described to excess.

You guys have had so much free rein on the internet for so long. God forbid one place, one game say "hey, just tone it down while you're here."

You know what I do in real life? Swear, curse and to be perfectly honest I find (mild) racial humour between friends to be pretty funny. I'm a jew, my best friend is gay and another very close friend of mine is black. You should hear the sh*t the comes out of our mouths when we're together - in any other context it's disgusting.

You know what I don't do? Bring any of that to work. When I go to work I don't swear unless it's appropriate and you can be damn sure that I don't say anything remotely close to what I say with my friends. Why? Because HR will have me packing my bags in less than 30 minutes.

Every setting has slightly different rules associated with them. When I drop my niece off at school I don't swear because the annoying as f*ck parent cuts me off, like she does every friggin' time. Why? Because my niece is to young for that.

If you cannot adapt your behaviour to what's acceptable for the environment you're in that makes you weak, will leave you poor and will make a LOT of very reasonable people not want you around.

That's not Riot's problem. That's your flaw, nobody elses.

Kantala

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoFingers View Post
My favorite thing about it all...

there's a taunt emote for all champions, yet we can't talk trash in game.

It's a competition, and in solo queue ranked games where fresh level 30's join and keep me in elo hell, it's pretty fair to say that i'm allowed to bad mouth them and give them a bad experience because they have given me one as well.

Riot makes no sense with rules.
Let's look at all the /taunts that the champions do. Do any of them involve sexual or racial slurs? No. Do they use offensive words? Not as far as it goes for me, they don't. So making this comparison from the champion /taunts and trash talking is nowhere near close. How is trash talking on the same level as a /taunt? They don't unless you use /taunts as a way to annoy and be a jerk to others

The great thing about this is now I'm listening to all the taunts in the game and picking out my favorite ones.

When you can come up with a clean way to jab at another player and get banned for it, then come back and cry about your spilt milk. You're allowed to do general trash talking, but once you direct it upon a person or do it obscenely to a point where it causes disruption to the game, i.e. being a jerk, that's where you will get banned for your actions.