Banned even though...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dabouncar

01-20-2013

I just want to make something absolutely clear for Riot..

You have TWO ingame functions that restricts bad language.

1. You have an INGAME mute button.
2. You have an INGAME profanity filter.

On this side of the world (New Zealand) we swear all the freakin time.
Its apart of our culture.

SO... WHY am I getting banned for foul language when you have 2 ingame functions?
Hmmm?

Your answer will be something along the lines of.. If you read our summoners code rant rant rant... Don't care, if I'm still getting banned for foul language remove these ingame functions because CLEARLY they are useless.

tl;dr ingame functions (mute/prof filter) are useless, still getting reported for foul language

Laperiut

01-20-2013

You have a point there matey

Saint Latona

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Lately, I've been receiving a lot of e-mails about the same questions and complaints about the Tribunal. I'm working with WookieCookie, RiotSeb and statuskwoh to add these to the Tribunal FAQs but we would love to discuss them here first.

1) What's the point of having a language filter if I can get banned for 'adult' language?
a) We aren't out to punish players who use adult language; in fact, very few players are ever banned for saying stuff like "f***, I missed that skill shot" or "damn, f***ing close game!" However, the language filter is not an excuse to verbally abuse someone in the game. When you verbally abuse or harass someone by calling them "f***ing ******" or "n*gger noob", that's when you've crossed the line and will be punished by the Tribunal. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we aren't trying to clean online games of adult language; we're trying to reform or get rid of jerks who like to verbally abuse and harass other players.
Here's why.

170 Calories

01-20-2013

Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?

Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player.

I think the point is you can cuss...but once you have directed it at someone you have gone to far.

ReishaAshgard

01-20-2013

>On this side of the world (New Zealand) we swear all the freakin time.

well you just put the shame in your country and not in yourself, you'll see countries don't swear for you, and you cant swear for the country , so this is entirely your fault and you shouldn't be saying its because the place where you live in.

Verbal Abuse is punishable because you should be polite and understand there is other people in the game that want a good and nice game without insults or other bad words, its about "Enjoy yourself but not at the expense of the others".

170 Calories

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReishaAshgard View Post
>On this side of the world (New Zealand) we swear all the freakin time.

well you just put the shame in your country and not in yourself, you'll see countries don't swear for you, and you cant swear for the country , so this is entirely your fault and you shouldn't be saying its because the place where you live in.

Verbal Abuse is punishable because you should be polite and understand there is other people in the game that want a good and nice game without insults or other bad words, its about "Enjoy yourself but not at the expense of the others".
Lol I love this guy. Sounds legit....you have convinced me... Im serious

Naezma

01-20-2013

This is why Riot should set up a system to globally mute toxic players but only people who do the Tribunal and have high Justice Rating could hear them in game.

Ulubuluguru

01-20-2013

But you see these ppl grow up in a society where fakeness is rewarded.So they do the same in the game too, nothing we can change about that ("oh you are not allowed to swear, but you will be rewarded for ruining the game for all your teammates over and over and over again").But the most import thing that these brainwashed don't understand is the fact that usualy the one who curses is the one who cares about the game, and doing everything in his/her power to win.Which i think is the whole ideea behing playing ranked.Of course they can't really comprehend what we are talking about since they always have a premade, and don't need to feel the pain of solo queues.

StereoFingers

01-23-2013

My favorite thing about it all...

there's a taunt emote for all champions, yet we can't talk trash in game.

It's a competition, and in solo queue ranked games where fresh level 30's join and keep me in elo hell, it's pretty fair to say that i'm allowed to bad mouth them and give them a bad experience because they have given me one as well.

Riot makes no sense with rules.

Shelzin

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouncar View Post
I just want to make something absolutely clear for Riot..
I want to make something absolutely clear for dabouncar.

You act like a jerk, you get punished in the tribunal. Thank you, that is all.