AP Master Yi just got butchered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keirndmo

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenrel View Post
jugg wishes his puny ward healed even 1/10th as fast as meditate.
That puny ward you just made fun of heals by a percentage of your health.

tenrel

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirndmo View Post
That puny ward you just made fun of heals by a percentage of your health.
you can't really argue which one heals faster.

Yi can heal himself from 1HP to full in 4-5 seconds. jugg from 1HP to full will take around 20 seconds. and since jugg's is a percentage it will always take that long (or longer at lower ranks, and ward is usually maxed pretty late) yi can build more AP.

Mokkun

01-20-2013

This takes the second most annoying thing about laning against AP Yi, and rips it into substantially smaller bits.
(The most annoying is the inexplicably amorphous bounce range rules for his Alpha Strike)

On the one hand, this now makes it feel like harassing him in lane has a purpose.
On the other hand... I would actually have buffed the base values by similar amounts that they are nerfing them, considering the champion is nearly manageable, even with a 4.0 ratio, and AD Yi's power comes from a completely different source.

So... I am both happy, and confused for this change.

Mr Popadopalus

01-20-2013

Can't tell you how happy I was to see these nerfs earlier today. I love master yi but his meditate was absurdly strong.

XElement

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgesin View Post
OLD:
Master Yi channels,restoring 140/280/420/560/700 (+4.0)Health over 5 seconds.While channeling,Master Yi gains 100/150/200/250/300 Armor and Magic Resist.

NEW:

Master Yi channels,restoring 120/240/360/480/600 (+1.2)Health over 5 seconds.While channeling,Master Yi gains 100/150/200/250/300 Armor and Magic Resist.

Master Yi's now even worse than before
At least Urgot has a friend now that Diana and Rengar left
you know what?
Diana and Rengar could stay in that pit of hell a bit longer.
Tons of champions get killed and sometimes take forever to be fix'd.
Rengar and Diana (two strong OP champions) get nerf'd to hell then instantly are being fix'd.

Bland

01-20-2013

Let's face it, there was a problem with this ability from a design point of view.
Sustain has always been something that's hard to do without eliminating counterplay. Yi's sustain is not only an incredible problem during laning phase (Harassment is worthless, and nuking him down is not possible without a stun/silence), but it is also remaining a problem outside of laningphase, even if arguably a much smaller one.
Either way, given how annoying this mechanic is combined with how heavy that nerf is, I do believe that this is one of these "nerfing this annoying/overpowered portion of a skill, so it gives room to buff him in places where he needs it"-kind of changes that Riot likes to do.