Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

STOP banning: BLOCK chat option

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LichtS3

01-20-2013

Instead of banning, what do you thing riot should block the chat for ragers, so they will be still able to play but withouth typing anything, permabans are too harsh for people that they just cant control their emotions, i maen, every human feel sad when he loses and we have different methods to act when this happens. some people have control, some dont. but real, you see it everywhere, in sports, in home, in work. stop being so harsh and start thinking something different. thanks

Turtle Omega

01-20-2013

If someone were to act like they acted in chat while raging, they'd get arrested. Derp.

ZenithZephyr

01-20-2013

Communication is too important to restrict unless, as many have suggested, people are grouped with other ragers.

Put them in "Rune Prison" where they are only with other people in rune prison, either with or without chat.

Fanderey

01-20-2013

It would funny if they sent all the ragers to the same place (sorta like Australia!) and let them duke it out. Maybe some of them would learn something!

Really though, it's kind of silly to defend raging as if it's an unavoidable part of the human condition. You made comparisons to sports, work, and the home which didn't make much sense to me. Raging while doing any of those things frequently leads to getting kicked off the team, getting fired, or getting divorced. I think a lot of people just get lazy when it comes to their emotional control online because there's no one there in person to hold them accountable.

Ferrill

01-21-2013

Remove them. They are blight on the community.

Eloquid

01-21-2013

Make every ban perma. That's the only way to deal with idiots.

I Eat Slippers

01-21-2013

TiL: All bans are for them trash talking team mates, and has nothing to do with them troll/feeding the whole game.

eLeeTeR

01-21-2013

Lololol

Lachrimae

01-21-2013

IP bans pls

pig of denmark

01-22-2013

yeah. perma ip bans would be nice. so trololol trash couldnt play agian...but then agian i am still dreaming of 3v3 draft