Tribunal in game? Yes or no

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AMEX

01-20-2013

I played taric and in game, the enemy , vayne with 7 kills and 0 deaths.

I killed vayne with my ignite, ultimate and shatter.

I said in all chat, "Yup, I killed vayne. "

Vayne responded with this message, :"LOL ****ING IGNITE"

I respectfully said " very inappopriate language " and used the ignore button.

I reported vayne for offensive language but was I being tribunal at all?

SimplyAlive

01-20-2013

If you report for such frivolous reasons, I doubt your report credibility is very high at the moment...

Saint Latona

01-20-2013

If that's all the Vayne ever said to you, I don't think that deserves a report. He was just swearing in general, and didn't direct it to anyone. That's acceptable as long as he doesn't overdo it.

AMEX

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Latona View Post
If that's all the Vayne ever said to you, I don't think that deserves a report. He was just swearing in general, and didn't direct it to anyone. That's acceptable as long as he doesn't overdo it.
yeah, he continued to keep on using offensive language not in direct but it was annoying to hear it in all chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
If you report for such frivolous reasons, I doubt your report credibility is very high at the moment...

You don't know me man

I report everyone in game for one mistake, no mercy.

2 GreytSecks G

01-20-2013

If trolls can report you and make up stories, then you can too. I got banned for 3 days because some jackass decided it'd be funny to say I was making fun of his mentally disabled sister, even though this supposed 'sister' instalocked, went mid after I called it, then had the nerve to feed the entire game. I would've reported the Vayne without a doubt, if she trolled the rest of the game like that.

170 Calories

01-20-2013

Yeah that wasnt a punishable offence imo.

ReishaAshgard

01-20-2013

You cant just report everyone cause they slip a bad word into the game, i mean we're all human and sometimes our lips slip away, but just for once that's not a ban reason in my book, however you have to consider the word they used and how many times, then you can report em.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreytsecksKTT View Post
If trolls can report you and make up stories, then you can too. I got banned for 3 days because some jackass decided it'd be funny to say I was making fun of his mentally disabled sister, even though this supposed 'sister' instalocked, went mid after I called it, then had the nerve to feed the entire game. I would've reported the Vayne without a doubt, if she trolled the rest of the game like that.

Maybe she did poorly because she was actually disabled.
Still, even if she was not, you can't rage or offend people for doing bad. No matter how bad.

malicewunderland

01-22-2013

All I really have to say is, there's a language filter so you don't have to see the offensive words. In addition you can also click the mute button. Someone cursing indirectly isn't a punishable offense. It'd be different if they were cussing out someone to harass them or be aggressive toward another player.
And as for your comment of reporting everyone for one mistake, your reports won't really hold up in the tribunal. If you read the FAQ they state that you're more likely to have your case in the tribunal if you don't abuse the report button.
Bottom line, you weren't being tribunal at all. Just report happy.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Did you know that they have banned people for constant reporting while also being toxic in games?