Need help on Katarina Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BioDio

06-28-2010

Hello,

I need some help building a AD Katarina. I was always KS my friends with Akali, so I bought Katarina and give it a try, I think I won't KS that much. (I just can't stop KS with Akali, it's stronger than me, and yeah... we were always winning... but KS isn't cool with your friends)
Soooooooo, I'm trying to play with Katarina in 3vs3 and with Morgana/Soraka in 5vs5

I think I'm bad with Katarina, so, I wan't some information with an AD build.

Thanks = )

wildfire393

06-28-2010

DP? Double Penetration? Sorry, only magic penetration is good on Kat.

But in all seriousness, there are two ways to build Kat - Attack Damage, or Ability Power. Generally, either build you start off with a Doran's ring and buy an early Heart of Gold for the survivability and gold generation, and then start stacking damage, maybe throwing a Giant's Belt in there somewhere. With AD, you want to pick up BF Swords for damage. With AP, pick up a Needlessly Large Rod and then Blasting Wands. As the game goes on, sell your starting items and upgrade your basic items into more advanced ones. BF Swords should be upgraded into Bloodthirsters, and your Giant's belt on AD should become a Frozen Mallet. For AP, complete Zhonya's Ring (obviously), then make some other choices based on their team. Rylai's Scepter should be what your Giant's belt turns into, but after that there are several options. Mostly Squishy? Squash them with Lichbane (Shunpo - Lichbane - Ult will shred squishies). Tanky? Deathfire Grasp knocks them down to size. Stacking MR? Void Staff (AD builds should also get this at some point). Not stacking MR? Abyssal Scepter makes them pay for that. Mejai's/Sword of the Occult can be used when you're dominating to stack even more AP/AD.

BioDio

06-28-2010

Sorry, yes, I mean AD >_> lol.. I messed up there... right now I don't have magic penetration runes, only have armour penetration runes, because of my Akali build, staking up Magic penetration for Morgana.
So, i guess I'll have to go with AD for my Katarina? Basically, I just stack up Bloodthirstier and BF swords...

Anyone has another build?

wildfire393

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioDio View Post
Sorry, yes, I mean AD >_> lol.. I messed up there... right now I don't have magic penetration runes, only have armour penetration runes, because of my Akali build, staking up Magic penetration for Morgana.
So, i guess I'll have to go with AD for my Katarina? Basically, I just stack up Bloodthirstier and BF swords...

Anyone has another build?
Yeah, you definitely need Mpen runes.

Kat should be masteried 9/21/0 and runed for MPen and defensive stats (Mpen in marks, dodge in seals, MR/level, MPen, or CDR in Glyphs, and Flat HP in Quints).

This also isn't my build, it's an abbreviation of a high tiered player's guide.

Dorans + Potion
Heart of Gold + Boots
Phage or Giant's Belt + Boots 2 (mercury's unless they're stunless, in which case get Sorc boots and go crazy)
BF Sword
BF Sword
Other of Phage or Giant's Belt into FM
Sell Doran's/HoG by this point, third BF Sword
BF's into Bloodthirsters (one into an IE if the enemy team has too many disables for you to reliably ult, as you need to go melee in that case)
Void Staff if they're stacking MR

peyo

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
DP? Double Penetration? Sorry, only magic penetration is good on Kat.
hahaha I was also wondering what does DP stands for and it was the only thing that came in my mind xD

pitufobebe1

01-21-2013

hola soy pitufobebe1 xD.
tengo un error me desbloke a tristiana aca http://na.leagueoflegends.com/facebook y me dice que la tango pero me aparece este error

Notice: You must have visited the store in PVP.net at least once before redeeming the Riot Girl Tristana Skin

como se puede solucionar. saludos.

i am pitufobebe1 xD.
I have a bug to me tristiana desbloke http://na.leagueoflegends.com/facebook here and tells me the tango but I get this error

Notice: You must have visited the store in PVP.net at least eleven before redeeming the Riot Girl Tristana Skin

How to solve it. greetings.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

You don't need to rune for magic penetration. It can help, but you can just rune for AP, and get MPen from your items and masteries.

Runes don't really provide THAT much.

And AP runes and AP Katarina is better than ANY AD build no matter what runes or masteries you use.