Olaf: Balanced or No?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

traitarus

01-22-2013

I dont think he is op. His melee and dueling power is pretty crazy and unless the name of the champion Olaf's fighting is either Jax or fed Warwick, he will probably beat them into the ground. His main problem is he has no gap closer, his only gap closer is some variation of either

a. run at the enemy
b. run at the while throwing axes
c. ghost, run at the enemy while throwing axes (screaming like a beserker is optional)

Olaf either uses his ult to get into a fight or get out. If he uses it to get into a fight, he's stuck in and has to hope he can survive. Outside of his ultimate, he's vulnerable to kiting. Even with his ultimate, champions with blinks or dashes can make him miserable and god forbid he has to deal with a Anivia wall or an 'I'm helping' ult from J4. His team fight contributions are limited to who he can catch up to in melee combat. His only team fight initiation ability is the same as his gap closer, throw axes, run at them and hope it works.

Basicallly, Olaf's a champion that is strong in the damage and toughness department, weaker in terms of gap closing and initiation.

Peligrad

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPrecision View Post
Idk, Voli and Mundo synergize really well with Stacking lots of Hp too.
But neither voli or mundo are great solos.

So while they do scale really well if they get the gear, they can't get the gear...

ur argument = moot

Hayabusa Fury

01-22-2013

So far every post for Olaf being OP is: "I can't stand toe-to-toe with Olaf he is too strong!",,,,,DUH!

Seriously, to counter Olaf you just have to walk away Sure you may be slowed, but you still just walk away.
"But Ult too stronk!" Yes it is strong, but by the time you have walked away from him it is over.
"But Spam Q too Stronk!" Just keep walking and and he cant throw it short for that 1 sec cool down. He has to either go get his ax or eat the full cooldown.
"But true dmg is too stronk!" HP and walking away. He is rooted for 1 sec when he uses this ability.
"But his life steal too stronk" He cant life steal if he can't auto attack. After a recklessness swing his is rooted so no follow up auto attack for life steal if you keep walking.

One health crystal and walking away nullifies his kit. Standing face to face with Olaf only makes him stronger. The only thing that frustrates me when I play Olaf is people who do not stand still.

Think of it like this:
Do you know why a Samurai has never lost a fight to a Viking?
Because they never fought.

Listen to the wise Samurai, don't fight the Viking.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

S3 buffed him, its simple.

RayBeeze

01-22-2013

He is balanced, but he is really easy to burst down. (I play as him a lot) but you can build him tanky without damage, or bursty damage and you can wreck him in like 5 hits.

Technician Tim

01-22-2013

on 3v3, no he is OP as all hell, on SR, id say hes on the strong end of balanced
even a fed olaf cant 1v5, but a fed olaf can easily tip the scales over, say, a fed leblanc, or some squishy

alcibiades5410

01-22-2013

He's fine. He's strong, yes, and nearly any beefy DPS can carry the game if they get fed hard enough. He's not op though.

GiottoXIII

01-22-2013

honestly like any other champion it takes an experienced summoner to handle correctly I can't tell you how many times i've killed an olaf with a shen >.> YES A SHEN top lane with jungler and its pretty easy to play around with him so long as you dodge his axes and out- sustain his reckless charge... he's not using it ever 3 seconds imo his only real scary power comes from his passive turret diving a low health olaf can be dangerous... otherwise if you play smart olaf's effectiveness falls off as you deny him farm and boost ur ADC's presence

Rogue Revenant

01-22-2013

I take a rather unusual stance where I personally feel he is OP BUT I know for a fact that I am wrong and I only feel he's OP because he thoroughly pisses me off. What I mean by that is anytime when it's me vs him it feels like more often than not he comes out on top without much effort on his part. This happens particularly because my favorite champ is counted by him. I have played other characters and crushed Olaf into the dirt and moments like that just feel gratifying.

He's highly annoying to fight but if I'm objective in this matter then he's very much no OP. Not weak by any stretch of the imagination but not OP.