Thoughts on Jungling With Smite?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mandaari

01-19-2013

I've seen a couple people give their opinion's on using smite. The jungle is certainly easy enough for just about anyone to not use smite, but I was wondering what the rest of you think. Please give why you think it's good to take or not.

Turtle Omega

01-19-2013

I'd say take it-- Helps a ton early game, gives you more time for focusing on lanes, just get the mastery and use it 24/7 on anything

Cytochrome T

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Its also a huge gold boost to the jungling player allowing them to keep up with allied laners.

Roman

01-19-2013

it's the most optimal way of jungling. helps you with your early clear and allows you to gank faster

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

I'd say it depends on the champion.

Champs like Xin Zhao, Mundo, Shyvana and Lee Win will never need Smite as their level 3 jungling is insanely fast.

Weaker junglers benefit more with Smite, but the moment Grez's lantern is purchased smite becomes more useful as a Vile secure spell...

ZenithZephyr

01-19-2013

Late game you'll wish you had something else.

Latvia

01-19-2013

I always find it works best that you just spend a little time bot then you proceed to jungle. However the unreliability with this is that if a teamfight breaks out in your area of the map, it can really put you behind if they take your jungle CS>

AdeptRogueNagi

01-20-2013

It definitely helps the clear time faster, but at the same time, team fights break out very frequently so another summoner spell would be handier.

Fanderey

01-20-2013

I like it for the following reasons:

-I can reach level 3 before the laners (with more or less full health).
-It makes counter-jungling and stealing the big wolf or golem super easy and quite safe (especially with a lantern).
-Less time in the jungle means that I have a stronger lane presence.
-If the other jungler doesn't use smite, they are more vulnerable early-game :3
-It doesn't happen a lot, but I can smite-steal spider.

Overall, I value the extra gold, time, and xp more than I value an offensive summoner's spell. I didn't used to feel that way because exhaust and ignite have landed me so many kills. Getting a kill from ignite is something that is immediately quantifiable (not to mention satisfying). I only tried out smite after reading these forums, and I now feel quite certain that it works better for me and my play-style (my team seems to get ahead earlier and more frequently when I use it).

btw, my main junglers are currently Riven, Amumu, and Vi (in case that's relevant ).

Martyrofsand

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithZephyr View Post
Late game you'll wish you had something else.

I jungle rather often on TT, often running Mao, Shyvana, Nocturne, or Naut. I use smite everytime and at no point in time have I ever wished it was something else late game.