Hello fellow summoners.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TailsMK4

01-20-2013

Since I am really getting into the game now after finding out how fun Coop was. I had been doing tons of Custom battles against bots cause I was not sure how my computer would do with other players. I have a computer that I have been using since before Windows Vista came out...

I ventured into Coop after getting bored with fighting Beginner bots, and I had a good time with other players as we beat up the harder bots...more than they beat us up, at least. At this moment I am level 10, so I am pretty weak, but I have found I can hold my own as long as I don't get ganged up on. Since I had a good time last night playing with others, I figure I should introduce myself so you guys would know a bit about me in case I should pop up in games later on. My champion experiences so far has been with ranged champions, namely cause a strategy of mine was to attack safely from a distance, and bail out if I see danger headed my way. My favorites atm are Ezreal (who I unlocked last night), and Ahri.

I've been doing gaming for as long as I can remember, but I am not into PC gaming, mainly cause my computer is weak. In fact, I actually have a Youtube channel where I post my gaming videos (although I can't record from my TV). If any of you are interested, my username there is MetalYoshi4. Some people consider me a "LPer", little bit of background there. I unfortunately cannot record any matches here since I need a small screen to do that, and I get bad FPS as is (on lowest settings I can't hit a stable 25 FPS on Summoner's Rift).

So, enough about myself. I do have a few questions to ask you guys, and I would be grateful if I could get the help:

1. If I find a summoner that really deserves something like +1 Teamwork, how do I give it to that person, or is it somehow automatic? I noticed I got some Teamwork votes from last night, and was curious if there was any way for me to do the same for others. I was constantly pointing things out on the minimap if anyone was curious.

2. What is the best way to use the RP I get if I do not plan to buy any? I got 400 from a previous level, and unsure if I will get any more. I had thought about getting more IP or XP Boosts, but I have saved the points since I did not want to commit to anything if I find out later there was a better way to use those points.

3. Any tips for performing well on Coop? I usually can handle things on my own, but sometimes I just get ganged up on by 3 or 4 bots at once without warning. I also want to continue to be helpful to other players as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and I hope to see you guys in the games.

Raabemaster

01-20-2013

1. At the end of the game there is a green box next and a red box next to everyone's name, the red box if for reporting them and the green one is for honoring them

2. I have given Riot like, all my money, so I am not the best person to ask, but Riot only gives you a little bit of RP for hitting a certian level.

3. The best way to learn to play is by watching the pros, go to youtube.com/raabemasterlol to watch some pro games and learn from them. Also feel free to add me in game if you have questions or need tips, I love to help!

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsMK4 View Post
So, enough about myself. I do have a few questions to ask you guys, and I would be grateful if I could get the help:

1. If I find a summoner that really deserves something like +1 Teamwork, how do I give it to that person, or is it somehow automatic? I noticed I got some Teamwork votes from last night, and was curious if there was any way for me to do the same for others. I was constantly pointing things out on the minimap if anyone was curious.

2. What is the best way to use the RP I get if I do not plan to buy any? I got 400 from a previous level, and unsure if I will get any more. I had thought about getting more IP or XP Boosts, but I have saved the points since I did not want to commit to anything if I find out later there was a better way to use those points.

3. Any tips for performing well on Coop? I usually can handle things on my own, but sometimes I just get ganged up on by 3 or 4 bots at once without warning. I also want to continue to be helpful to other players as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and I hope to see you guys in the games.
1. On the post-game screen, there's a green icon next to each player's name on the top right. If you click that, you can give them Honor for being Friendly, Helpful, or Teamwork. You could instead click the red icon to report them for being verbally abusive, intentionally losing the game, spamming, etc.

2. The 400 RP that you get for hitting level 3 is the free RP you'll ever get. You can buy champions and rune pages with IP, so if you don't plan to ever spend money, you should probably hang onto your RP until you find a champion that you really really like so that you can buy one of their skins.

3. There's not much excuse for having 4 bots attack you "without warning". Play against the bots enough and you'll find that they're very predictable. After enough time has elapsed, they will always rush to defend a turret when they see someone pushing towards it. Any time you are pushed past the river, you should assume that EVERY bot not currently visible on the minimap is headed straight for you. Sight wards in the jungle will give you even more advanced warning.

If you plan on playing PvP someday, the sooner you start playing against other people, the better. Bots will never, for example, sit in a bush waiting to ambush you. They'll never gank you from the jungle at level 2. They'll never steal your blue and they'll never stop you from soloing dragon. There are a lot of things to learn about the game that bot matches simply can't teach you, so we issue this little warning to new players quite a bit.