@Xyph, is resists being less effective than health in S3 bad design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dem Squats

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I'm actually a fan of health being the primary defensive stat - mostly because health has severely intrinsic features that resistances don't, that lets it be more easily controlled.
So you're the problem then, you're the cause of League of Bruisers.

I don't like you, hope you get fired. At least can you use some of your slave labor vacation time and let the big boys fix your mess while you're gone?

Xela Syab

01-26-2013

Despite the arguments about armor and resistance, I notice that Tanks are usually the highest banned class in the game. Malph is banned cause he lowers attack speed, has health bonus, and aoe stun and has a variety of builds, Amumu is a tanky assassin that shreds health mr and aoe stun, Singed has a wreckload of health and displacement and is a lategame powerhouse, Taric shreds armor gives armor and health and health regen and stuns on demand, Alistar is untouchable with his ult and provides so much cc, Shen is fricken everywhere and provides healing, and cc, Blitz well, blitz just wrecks carries and ruins teamfights for opponents. Only weak tanks is Rammus (needs some jungle love or an armor movespeed option) Volibear (needs attackspeed health item option) Sejuani (not technically a tank no defensive boost but alot of cc and utility).

My issue with armor is that armor items kinda suck for utility besides Randuins and Frozen Heart and maybe Locket if used right, and are only fit against jungle creeps (sunfire and Thornmail) and that the highest damage mitigation from an armor source is from ninja tabi (scales into late game and nerfs on hit). I mean that kind sucks when the best damage mitigation comes from the cheapest source. My advice, build more offensive armor items like Iceborn and Wriggles maybe a Warden's Mail Phage combo called Hammer of DURRR, slows everyone down on hit and being hit by or rework thornmail to have Madrids in the build and deal 10 true damage on hit and being hit by.

Praven1

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I'm not actually sure they are getting to late game faster - The build you've described is a 7000+ gold build, for example. Perhaps they are - but the fact is that Warmog's isn't actually all the cost-effective from a gold / statistic conversion value wise so the argument that "they are getting to late game faster" doesn't seem to ring true at first glance? What causes them to get to late game faster?
6400 gold and you guys act like they buy this all straight out which seems naive (no offense meant). I do not claim to know more about the game than you guys but it feels like you guys really haven't been playing. 6400 gold takes only maybe 10 to 15 minutes to aquire if you can get your farm and it is fairly difficult to zone irelia or mordekaiser. These champions can start off with the small items, and get a small advantage which can turn into a big one really fast. It does take quite a bit of skill and you might so "Oh they were the stronger opponent" which may or may not be true. But this is kind of like the economy. You are basically widening the gap between the rich and the poor by a long shot because a bruiser who is only slightly more skilled can destroy a lane fairly easily and what did the opposing team learn? Play bruiser. I personal like playing the better opponent but with the lack of options for countering a bruiser as an ap mid (especially in blind pick) are so slim (and they are because you can choose to build specifically to counter the bruiser which limits you in team fights or you can hope your teamfights fair and play extreme defense), it turns the game from a game to a job. Now we can ask for ganks, which may or may not be effective, but if the enemy jungle is prepared (which is often the case in premades), then a gank can often leave you worse off as the bruiser has health to spare.

FuzzyWuzHe2

01-30-2013

bump