Why I believe smurfing breaches the TOU agreement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG Licht

01-24-2013

TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT (TOU), subsection [V. CODE OF CONDUCT|Statement H] states that the following is an example of behavior that warrants disciplinary measures;
"Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, "exploits" an undocumented aspect of the Game in order to secure an unfair advantage over other users;"

The "exploit" in said argument is as follows;

The player has exploited the undocumented aspect of the game in which it never documents that any player may own more that one account.

This leaves new players at a disadvantage as they possess limited knowledge of the game, hence exploiting the terms of this agreement.

AGNENDRA

01-24-2013

your belief is wrong

iRiquee

01-24-2013

why do you care?

Rubidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Licht View Post
TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT (TOU), subsection [V. CODE OF CONDUCT|Statement H] states that the following is an example of behavior that warrants disciplinary measures;
"Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, "exploits" an undocumented aspect of the Game in order to secure an unfair advantage over other users;"

The "exploit" in said argument is as follows;

The player has exploited the undocumented aspect of the game in which it never documents that any player may own more that one account.

This leaves new players at a disadvantage as they possess limited knowledge of the game, hence exploiting the terms of this agreement.
It's not about whether you believe smurfing is wrong, its about what Riot believes. Many Rioters have smurf accounts, many Rioters know pro-gamers have smurf accounts, and I don't think they mind at all.

A Rabid Teemo

01-24-2013

Well the tribunal bans players who start new accounts so their own system is therefore contributing to the breach of terms

DG Licht

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRiquee View Post
why do you care?
I care because many of my freinds who join have resisted to play because they can't win a game at lower levels.

DG Licht

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneDragon View Post
It's not about whether you believe smurfing, its about what Riot believes. Many Rioters have smurf accounts, many Rioters know pro-gamers have smurf accounts, and I don't think they mind at all.
I know it isn't what I believe, still if it breaches the TOU that they themselves wrote, then why don't they do something about it.

Also, many things before have changed in LoL because the community wanted it to, I know riot staff want to make the game enjoyable for everyone, and this is why they should.

Rubidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Licht View Post
I know it isn't what I believe, still if it breaches the TOU that they themselves wrote, then why don't they do something about it.

Also, many things before have changed in LoL because the community wanted it to, I know riot staff want to make the game enjoyable for everyone, and this is why they should.
Quote:
Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games
Don't go around saying it breaches the ToU when it is at the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games

m1aau

01-24-2013

@DG Licht
if your friend cant win a game because of these people why don't you tell him to
play with bots.

Plus one of the reasons people make smurfs because...... ill give you a hint hmmmmmmmmmmm ELO HELL HMMMMMMMM

LouisLeGros

01-24-2013

Playing Dota extensively before playing LoL is now against the ToS