Do not nerf, just explain (need help taking down some guys)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

12-05-2009

Ok, so I'm relatively good with Twisted fate. I can get out of any gank and I can support my team if needed. However, there are three heroes who put me in a world of hurt no matter what I do. Barbarian King, Teemo, and Yi.

Now Barbarian king everyone has been yelling "OP" over since the patch and even before that (as well as Teemo and Yi just recently). I don't think so, no hero is OP. Instead, I would simply like to know how to counter them.

I can't even touch Tryn, in fact, the only way I can even dent the dude is if I stun him, my friend fries him with annie, then our Yi sprints across the map and crits his sorry arse (if Tryn doesn't get a hit on Yi first...). Not too worried about that butI would still like to learn some counters.

Yi is just freaking fast. I can't escape him, I can't deal him out, nothing. I'm not worried about this because twisted isn't meant to take him out. Still, some strategiest to share with my team would be nice.

Teemo... I hate teemo. I don't even understand how another squishy or someone who isn't Master Yi to be expected to kill that little furry. Strategies?

Simcow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

Heh, yi taking down teemo? Thats funny >_<

Teemo, you WON'T take down with any DPS.

Yi just keep gold carding while you run. You can't solo yi

Tryn, i'm pretty sure you can't solo either. Just cause you're TF doesn't mean you can kill everyone alone. That would be OP >_<

Auralynx

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
Ok, so I'm relatively good with Twisted fate. I can get out of any gank and I can support my team if needed. However, there are three heroes who put me in a world of hurt no matter what I do. Barbarian King, Teemo, and Yi.

Now Barbarian king everyone has been yelling "OP" over since the patch and even before that (as well as Teemo and Yi just recently). I don't think so, no hero is OP. Instead, I would simply like to know how to counter them.

I can't even touch Tryn, in fact, the only way I can even dent the dude is if I stun him, my friend fries him with annie, then our Yi sprints across the map and crits his sorry arse (if Tryn doesn't get a hit on Yi first...). Not too worried about that butI would still like to learn some counters.

Yi is just freaking fast. I can't escape him, I can't deal him out, nothing. I'm not worried about this because twisted isn't meant to take him out. Still, some strategiest to share with my team would be nice.

Teemo... I hate teemo. I don't even understand how another squishy or someone who isn't Master Yi to be expected to kill that little furry. Strategies?
Yi and Tryndamere are bad matchups (once they're reasonably leveled and farmed) for TF, in my opinion. I recommend the same approach to both: wait until they dive in, stun them, and have your team focus them down. If you're willing to take Exhaust (or have teammates who can) that's a big help as well.

Make friends with a Rammus player and they'll be a lot less dangerous, too. Thornmail Rammus > either unless something is very wrong.

Teemo is best left to a disable-toting caster of some kind; his job is to make life difficult for anyone who needs autoattack damage. Chip in with some damage but you need someone who can get him to hold still and doesn't care if they're blind to be fairly sure of getting him.

Rectal Necrosis

12-05-2009

Sorry, rewrite: I'm not asking how to solo these guys with TF. I know the card master can only solo squishies (though I once solo'd a nunu XD). I'm just wondering the best take down methods regardless for those guys.

Shillen

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
Sorry, rewrite: I'm not asking how to solo these guys with TF. I know the card master can only solo squishies (though I once solo'd a nunu XD). I'm just wondering the best take down methods regardless for those guys.
Stun and focus fire same as any other champion.

Lerk

12-05-2009

No hero is OP?

That's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. So basically you're saying the game is 100% perfectly balanced. Every. Single. Character. Out of like 40. You're saying that the designer of this game was God, or his equivalent, himself.

This game was made by people. It has errors. It has OP classes. Things always need to be checked and balanced. Always.

The melee classes definitely seem OP this patch. But my guess is not that it's the characters themselves but that the items are better.

n4ix

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerk View Post
No hero is OP?

That's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. So basically you're saying the game is 100% perfectly balanced. Every. Single. Character. Out of like 40. You're saying that the designer of this game was God, or his equivalent, himself.

This game was made by people. It has errors. It has OP classes. Things always need to be checked and balanced. Always.

The melee classes definitely seem OP this patch. But my guess is not that it's the characters themselves but that the items are better.
I think maybe he was just trying to not make his post sound like him complaining that there are classes that he can't kill easily. And I don't think he's saying that the developers are God.... exaggerate much?

And if this post is the stupidest thing you've ever heard... welcome to your 1st day on the internet.

Xirus

12-05-2009

I believe the counter to these guys is positioning rather than fighting.

That is to say, you should always have a rough idea of where they are on the map. If you're off by your lonesome, they're probably coming to kill you. Make sure to move fast. If you're with 1-2 partners, you're probably safe from them, but vulnerable to a 5 man gank squad. If you're in a group, the things others have mentioned help fight them as a group. The key to TF is that he gets to pick his battles better than any other champion.

In the event you do let them get into an undesirable fight with you, if the game were balanced, you'd die. However, TF still has a few tricks up his sleeve. Gold card > flash over a wall will escape anyone but tryn (can you still flash over walls?) Destiny > gate out is of course the ultimate escape. Finally, slowing them down enough whilst you run that your teammates can meet up with you and gank them is also good. Don't forget what wonderful bait you make!

AmyOverlord

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerk View Post
No hero is OP?

Get out. Seriously.

I'm usually trying to refrain from flaming, but you make it hard. How is this post helpful? Really. Also, as another said, he tried to not make it seem he wasn't complaining.

Next time, post something worth, you moronic twit.

(Is TF that card guy? o.o)

Rectal Necrosis

12-05-2009

Yep, TF is the card master and my best friend on this game.

Ai, later in the game (after level 12) there are no OP characters. I've seen the God-Tryn taken down by a three man squad before and Cho'gath doesn't even hold a candle to us.

BTW: Thanks for standing up guys. I am not a big enough whiny ***** to complain about a character being OP, if I was though I'd be glaring more at Morgana than anyone else. I don't think anyone is OP, but I will admit the game isn't balanced. If it was balanced it'd play like a big round of rock-paper-scissors, not rock-paper-this scissors takes three rocks to kill.

Still, I believe any team combination could beat another team combination. If 5 casters of: Anivia, Twisted, Annie, Ashe, and Fiddle can beat Nunu, Blitz, Ashe, Tryn, and amumu anything can happen.