New Map: Hunger Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyr0nejk2

01-20-2013

Play Heimerdinger, make a fortress at your base, never ever leave.

MickoXD

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa View Post
copyright
I dont think so, because we're not using their characters or the name, but just a general idea of every man for themselves. Hunger Games was just a small influence

MickoXD

01-20-2013

Haha I want a Red's view on this seeing the reaction I got :D Thanks people for you kind comments

hyperdream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

I shall play the devil's advocate for purely constructive purposes, how would you sort out the champion disparity?

Champions with vision, map control, global presence, dueling techniques would outshine others.

First of all, all pure supports can go to hell. This game would favor bruisers with the best early game. Other champions that would make this game absolutely miserable are:

ASHE - Her e allows reveal large areas of the map on a 60 second CD. This also brings in the question, what's the whole point of the map if everyone is going to bring CV and reveal each other anyhow.

TEEMO - Just stealth and wait until everyone kills off each other. And if that DOESN"T happen. Welp, you've got your shrooms for master baiting and minefielding.

NIDALEE - Similar to Teemo, vision control, Also, long-range sniping capabilities, not to mention ridiculous speed in the jungle via brushes.

TWISTED FATE - That ult, oops, i see everyone on the map.

HEIMERDINGER / ZYRA / CAITLYN - Tower defense. Set up your deployables to keep yourself safe and outdmg anyone who tries to get near you.

EVELYNN / TWITCH / SHACO - Similar to your Teemo, cept they are moving stealth champions which the ability to juke. Have you ever tried to 1v1 a shaco in the jungle? Seriously enjoy yourself.

TALON / LEBLANC / PANTHEON - Brokenly strong assassins would ensure nobody from District 12 wins anytime soon.

ZILEAN / ANIVIA - Revive / Guardian Angel champions mean simply mean they win because they have double the lives of other champions..

...and there is KARTHUS - I will literally just hide with Karthus and wait to kill everyone with my ult at the end.

Also, how do you acquire levels? Do you have to kill things...?

WILL SMlTH

01-20-2013

too much and too high level for riot to handle.

Naezma

01-20-2013

I lol'd.

mambawarrior0

01-20-2013

Teemo would be insanely OP, just afk

wall 534

01-20-2013

Teemo wins as long as there is no lee sin or tf

EmperorCookie

01-20-2013

Here's my take on this game mode:

10 players
Each player starts in his own shop, and have an initial 1m30s to shop. (Green zone and red zones around the edges of the map)
Once you die, you can either spectate (Only allowed to chat with other spectators) or leave the game without penalty.
Solo queue only.
Starting gold is Dominion, but gold rate is SR.
Passive exp. gain but lower than Dominion
Each player has its own lane, which equals a tower placed like they are in Dominion, which spawns 1 melee minion and 1 caster minion per 30 seconds on each sides of the turret. The minions move along the yellow line in the image.
There are 3 monster camps next to every lane. 1 shared with your left opponent, 1 shared with your right opponent and one stronger camp shared with both opponents. (Weak camps in blue, strong camps in purple)
There is a big monster camp which gives something like 150-200g in the middle that spawns later. (Orange camp in the middle)
Monster camps give very small rewards (Like 30g and 30% exp per camp, where minions give 20g and 20% exp each)
There is the usual fountain turret.
You're only allowed to back once every N minutes (I'd say 5) to spend gold, but not heal. When you're not allowed shopping, a shield blocks the entrance and you can't use recall.
When you go back, you have a 30 seconds timer. After that time, you are teleported out of your shop.
Only way to heal is to buy potions or health regen.
Bushes are in green on the picture, terrain is black.

Thoughts:

An alternate option would be to make less shops but make them neutral and not limit the access to them, but then that would open the possibility to camping and would need additionnal thoughts on the first 1m30s of the game.

This setup prevents any form of Teemo camping because of the need to farm neutral camps and creeps. The Teemo doing this will be extremely starved and will easily get killed.

Disclaimer:
I don't really like Hunger Games. But this game mode, OMG.

MickoXD

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girls View Post
I shall play the devil's advocate for purely constructive purposes, how would you sort out the champion disparity?

Champions with vision, map control, global presence, dueling techniques would outshine others.

First of all, all pure supports can go to hell. This game would favor bruisers with the best early game. Other champions that would make this game absolutely miserable are:

ASHE - Her e allows reveal large areas of the map on a 60 second CD. This also brings in the question, what's the whole point of the map if everyone is going to bring CV and reveal each other anyhow.

TEEMO - Just stealth and wait until everyone kills off each other. And if that DOESN"T happen. Welp, you've got your shrooms for master baiting and minefielding.

NIDALEE - Similar to Teemo, vision control, Also, long-range sniping capabilities, not to mention ridiculous speed in the jungle via brushes.

TWISTED FATE - That ult, oops, i see everyone on the map.

HEIMERDINGER / ZYRA / CAITLYN - Tower defense. Set up your deployables to keep yourself safe and outdmg anyone who tries to get near you.

EVELYNN / TWITCH / SHACO - Similar to your Teemo, cept they are moving stealth champions which the ability to juke. Have you ever tried to 1v1 a shaco in the jungle? Seriously enjoy yourself.

TALON / LEBLANC / PANTHEON - Brokenly strong assassins would ensure nobody from District 12 wins anytime soon.

ZILEAN / ANIVIA - Revive / Guardian Angel champions mean simply mean they win because they have double the lives of other champions..

...and there is KARTHUS - I will literally just hide with Karthus and wait to kill everyone with my ult at the end.

Also, how do you acquire levels? Do you have to kill things...?

Yeah I know, this is wat makes this map unrealistic, as they will probably have to rework some abilities (if you actually read on). Map revealing abilities will probably have to be disabled. Some items will probably have to be removed for this game mode, some might need to be added in.

There wasnt anything mentioned about a tower (did you actually bother to read it all?). Traps probably would have to be limited (to 3 for teemo and nidalee). As like dominion some champd obviously have more viability than others, so stealth isnt the biggest problem.

You level up as the game progresses. Also when you kill someone.