Why are crit damage runes so expensive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

01-20-2013

Because any runes related to crit are pure ******baggery in lane.

Lothloran

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taidashar View Post
Because you used to be able to two-shot people as Shaco with Deceive crits. And Tryndamere of course. They had a really high impact, and they were just as relevant early game as they were late as all you needed to get the benefit was the ability to crit.
You say that in past tense. Are they still a viable path for trynd, shaco, or gp?

shadooklaw

01-20-2013

"Who lives in top bushes in low ELO queue?"

"CRIT RUNES GANGPLANK!"

TeaKettleTempest

01-20-2013

I bought a full set back in the day for trynd. what a waste of ip

Cenerae

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothloran View Post
You say that in past tense. Are they still a viable path for trynd, shaco, or gp?
No.

AD or armor pen runes give you bigger crits until very late game comes around. And bigger non crits too.

Lothloran

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
No.

AD or armor pen runes give you bigger crits until very late game comes around. And bigger non crits too.
What if you have an empty rune page that you bought and don't know what to do with?

Cenerae

01-20-2013

Quote:
What if you have an empty rune page that you bought and don't know what to do with?
Then you fill it with runes that aren't crit damage.

If you're absolutely hell bent on spending the massive amount of IP required for crit damage runes nobody can stop you, but you're crippling your early game to do it for a barely noticeable late game advantage.

Taidashar

01-20-2013

Quote:
Shaco two-shotting people still works. Though only for the first 10 minutes of the game, and if you max deceive first. Basically, if you use a sub-optimal playstyle and dislike having even the slightest bit of jungle farm.

And they changed around Tryndamere's kit, so critdamage isn't as good anymore I believe, haven't played Tryn in a while so I am not too sure about that one.

Cenerae

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taidashar View Post
Shaco two-shotting people still works. Though only for the first 10 minutes of the game, and if you max deceive first. Basically, if you use a sub-optimal playstyle and dislike having even the slightest bit of jungle farm.

And they changed around Tryndamere's kit, so critdamage isn't as good anymore I believe, haven't played Tryn in a while so I am not too sure about that one.
Actually, Shaco can get similar damage Decieve crits with AD or armor pen runes in the early game. In addition to stronger followup hits. Building around one single autoattack is a silly way to go about things.

Exudico

01-20-2013

Crit damage runes actually work pretty well on Cait when paired with Nunu.